Insatiable Truth*

She continued to hold his gaze as a brief flicker of fear flashed across her face but quickly went away. She leaned in for a brief kiss then moved to get out of the bed. Sitting on the edge she looked back at him.

"I need another bath."

Shado didn't say anything as he went to get the water ready for her. While he was in there, Xael shifted and slowly walked into the bathroom. Her pain was just about gone as her claws clicked on the tile floor, catching her Mate's attention.

Shado nearly jumped out of his skin when he looked up to see the magnificent creature before him. The pitch black fur was shiny and he could see the muscles as the wolf continued to approach him. Just the sheer size of it was enough to send shivers through him. She was as large as the Alpha they had encountered on the road during lodge.

"It's you! The wolf from that night on the road after the dinner..."

Reaching him, the wolf gently brushed up against him and rested her head on him, her piercing grey/blue eyes holding him still.  He cautiously raised his hand to touch her but paused.

{You can touch me Adam}

"My God, you're so beautiful Xael..." His hand went through her soft fur.

{Will you shift too?}

Shado turned the water off, not taking his eyes off of her. He stood and shifted into a large silver wolf. Being a True Alpha, his wolf was large but still smaller than Xael's.   Xael approached him and placed her head under his and nuzzled his neck in a sign of submission.  Raising her head, she nuzzled his snout as he licked her.

Xael shifted back to her human form followed by Shado.  She walked up to him and into his arms, nuzzling her face against him.

"God Xael... you are. God I don't even know..."

"I'm a Dire wolf Adam, like my parents, except I'm an Omega."

"Oh baby, you are something else." Shado wrapped her in a tight hug.

After a long and intimate hug, the two of them enjoyed the nice hot bath together. When the bath was done, Xael gave the bandages a rest as she needed to let the wounds on her hips and thighs breathe. The two returned to bed, but put on fresh clean sheets before that and a towel for Xael to lay on. She curled up against him and was fast asleep. Shado on the other hand, was wide awake. It was almost 3 in the afternoon and he decided to let her Grams know that she was doing much better.

"Adam? Is everything okay?"

"Yes ma'am, I'm just calling to let you know that Xael is doing much better."

"Oh good! How are things going with you two?"

"Uh...I don't really have any words to describe it. She's... she's something else."

There was a pause on her end as she took a deep breath, her voice had taken on a serious tone. "Adam, has she told you everything?"

"Yes ma'am, we even shifted together."

"Oh! Oh! Okay then, I guess you now know everything."

"Yes...hold on." Xael was moving around when she sat up, she quickly looked around to see where she was at. He could tell immediately that she was out of it.

"Xael?" She growled but didn't respond to him and laid back down, falling asleep once again.

"Is she alright?"

"Yeah, it's just hard to get her to sleep consistently, she keeps waking up."

"I see, she's probably doing that to make sure things are still safe."