Adam is Done

Adam escorted Xael up to the front to pay, he was paying for everyone and the Elders let him. Shades back on, Xael followed Adam out the door, staying close to him due to the amount of people. Ella and Charles and Great Grams had items for Xael and the babies in their cars. While the women sat in a shady spot outside near a fountain, the men went to the parking area to transfer things from vehicle to vehicle.

The buffet was located in a busy, upscale shopping center so the ladies enjoyed chatting, people watching and the lovely weather. Little Danetta even ran up to Xael when she and her family walked past to say goodbye and talk to the babies. The little girl was so cute as she cupped her hands around her mouth and whispered to them as she got close to Xael's belly. Great Grams asked her what she had said but Danetta let the Elder know it was a secret.

Xael thanked her Grammys for getting stuff for the babies and she grilled them both on how to deal with the issues she was having, especially Great Grams. Unfortunately, there wasn't much that Xael could do and they both suggested that she have Adam continue to do his nightly healing, massages and for her to keep taking the salt baths and not do too much. Grandma Ella asked if Xael was going to see a traditional doctor at all and she told her 'no', only if things were life threatening. Grandma Ella smiled and patted Xael's arm, glad that she was trusting her Alpha to take care of her during the pregnancy. As the ladies sat and talked, Great Grams suddenly spat on the ground and cursed loudly in her Native language. Xael jumped slightly and thought a bug had flown into the Elder's mouth but that was not the case.

It was Adam's mother.

Adam's mom was with a very large and cocky Alpha who Xael assumed was the woman's current partner. There were others with them also but they were further back, all dressed in their high end fashion.

"Who let your crazy old ass out?"

Xael about came unglued at how Adam's mom had addressed a revered Wolfen Old One.  As a Wolfen herself, she should have had more respect, whether she liked the older woman or not.

Xael hoped that if they ignored her, she would just leave so she gently held the arms of both her Grammys because she could feel them getting ready to lay into Adam's mom. Xael felt it best to link them.

'Just let her go.'

Great Grams spit again, almost hitting the woman's black leather Prada shoe; along with more cursing. Grandma Ella voiced her displeasure also. Neither of them wanted to 'just let her go'.

"Someone needs to learn to respect their Elders!"

"Look here you old b-" The woman never got the chance to finish her sentence as Xael was now in her face.

"Don't. Just walk away."  Xael still had her shades on, so the woman had no idea who she was dealing with.

"Don't threaten her, you bitch!" Adam's mom's partner came up to Xael and forcefully shoved her back. Even though Xael was surprised by the Alpha's actions, she was able to keep her footing and not fall or crash into either Elder.

Xael, not having her Mate close by, being with Pups and now threatened and forcibly touched by an unknown Alpha; was taken over by her natural instincts again and lunged at him.

The area suddenly erupted into chaos as Xael snarled, bearing her canines and claws, she had unknowingly shifted partially after picking up the Alpha's True Alpha state. The hoodie she had on ripped to shreds as her muscles burst through the fabric. The Grannies and Adam's mom yelled as Xael pinned the Alpha to the ground, knocking those behind him down as well. Her shades went flying but her eyes were now red with the Alpha trying to slash at her with his claws.  Xael maintained dominance by snapping at his face and the fact that she was stronger than him.  Even being pregnant, Xael was nothing to mess with and it just heightened her ferociousness.