Holy Sh!t, Wait, What?

The ride home was a quiet one with the little pups sleeping away until Xael's stomach growled.

"How are you still hungry?"

"Because I am. Can we get a pizza?"

"Sure, I swear you are like a bottomless pit sometimes."

"Oh you should talk, Alpha! Uggh...you two little furballs stink."

"Yeah they do, I'm gonna stop in the city at the pet store and get them some flea shampoo and chewy toys."

"Good idea. Last thing we need when shutting up the cabin for winter is a flea infestation. Speaking of which, I need to wash the bedding they were laying on."

"I thought about that. I haven't seen any fleas on them but that doesn't mean anything. I'll heat some water up and wash them outside on the deck, it's not that chilly out yet."

"Okay, they can share Moose's old bed since they're so little."

"Are you going to take them to the vet?"

"Ohhhh, I don't think that's a good idea, showing up to a vet with a pair of wolf cubs. Even if we are Wolfen, it might not be such a good idea unless we can find a tribal Wolfen vet. They seem pretty healthy."

"Crap, good point."

"God your voice is just sexy as hell!"

Adam growled for her to add to the sexy.

"Your mom is going to have a litter of kittens when she sees you!"

The couple looked at each other and burst out laughing, not even phasing the slumbering furballs.

Arriving in the city, Xael looked up a pet store and got the directions on the gps. There, Xael waited in the car while Adam went in to purchase what the pups needed. He put the shades back on as he still didn't feel comfortable displaying his eyes out in public just yet. It didn't take long before they were on their way home and the pups first bath. Driving up in elevation to their small town, it was getting chillier than Adam felt comfortable with bathing the little ones outdoors.

Almost to the town, Adam had Xael order an extra large pizza, he was getting hungry to.

"Shit, I forgot puppy food."

"It's okay hon, I'm not feeding them commercial dog food. I'll mix something up for them tomorrow. I have a feeling they won't eat much today and will probably sleep through the night after their bath."

"Okay, speaking of tomorrow, I'll try to get my hormones under control."

"Good, we both need to get back to work and the cabin needs repairs done before it gets too cold."

"I know, we should make a list tomorrow of what all needs to be done before the first snow."

"Okay." Xael let out a huge yawn. Adam knew her being in her current state was wearing her out but there was nothing that could be done about it.

Finally back to town, Adam stopped to pick up the pizza. The diner was open and customers were enjoying lunch but they didn't stop. Home was their only focus at that moment. Back inside the safety of the cabin, Xael wrangled a pup and the large pizza box. Pup on the floor she put the pizza in the oven to stay warm. The little stinkers needed tending to first. Adam agreed to bathe the pups while she washed the bedding and vacuumed.

The Alpha had his hands full with two playful little wolf cubs. He only had to growl at them once to get them to mind. Xael vacuumed both of the dog beds. They had the cubs' fathers scents so maybe that would help calm them on their first night away from the pack. Sheets and futon cover in the washer with soapy, hot water, Xael went out to gather wood to fill the wood bin for the day and hopefully into the night. Outside, was indeed chilly as fall approached much faster than she remembered. Bending down to pick up the first armful, a sudden wave of dizziness hit her and she had to grab the side of the wood shed for a second. After a few deep breaths it went away.