Alpha Time to Bond

Beau enjoyed hanging out at Grandma's house, both her and Skylar put him to work which he was more than happy to do. With dinner in the oven and on the stove top cooking away, the Alpha's went out back and Skylar started up a small fire in the fire pit so the two of them could talk.

They kept the conversation light as they discussed Beau returning to the force and getting settled back into small town life. Beau let Skylar know he was ready for it and couldn't wait. He hoped that next weekend his Mate would be free to come out to meet everyone.

Everyone had lost track of time as Adam was walking around to the back deck after hearing familiar voices. He had tried to link Xael earlier but getting no response figured she was still asleep, which is right where he wanted her to be. Skylar had the pups out with him, the two just laying by his chair but they were soon up and running towards the edge of the deck as Adam rounded the corner.

"Hey boys." Adam picked them both up and gave a soft growl, greeting his furry little boys who did nothing but try to lick his face.

Beau and Skylar were standing now to greet him, which Adam found odd but he quickly remembered the whole Great Alpha thing and knew there was no point in telling the two of them to sit.

All the Alphas greeted each other with hugs since they were family.

"How's Xael?"

"She's been asleep since her bath earlier. Em's been checking on her."

"Thanks Skylar. Ready to get to work tomorrow?" Adam lightly slapped Beau on the shoulder, the two sharing a chuckle.

"Can't wait."

"Good, I'm going to shower and change then I'll be back out." As Adam headed into the house, the pups tried to follow but Adam had them stay outside. Once they were let in, he wanted them to get somewhere and sit down, not run all over the place.

Soon as he entered the bedroom, Xael's furry ears popped to attention again. Adam went right to her side and gave her a nuzzle, her ears relaxing as she heaved a heavy sigh. He thought of waking her up but knew she needed the rest so he let her be and went to shower and change for dinner and a relaxing evening. Plus he could sense that she was a little out of it due to her discomfort; tonight he would wake her and give her another massage to help her relax some more.

Entering the kitchen, Adam surprised Grams with a hug from behind, the smaller woman practically disappeared in his arms.

"Oh, hello dear. I missed you coming in, I must have been in my room."

"No worries Grams."

"How's Xael doing?"

"Still sleep, she's still hurting cause her ears are out."

"Yes, they were out earlier. I will set her a plate aside in case she wants to eat later."

"Yeah, I need to get her to eat more, she hasn't been eating much lately and that's not good for the pups."

"Mn. Out with you. I'll call you Alphas in when dinner's ready." Grams was shoving Adam out of the kitchen so she could get dinner finished.

"Yes ma'am." Adam went out and had a seat by the fire.

Dinner was meatloaf, ,mashed potatoes with gravy and steamed veggies. Ms. Emma made two meatloaves as she knew Adam now had a hardy appetite and the two other Alphas could eat their fill as well. After dinner, Adam fed the pups, the two furry kids cleaning their bowls. Everyone gathered in the living room to continue their chat.