Rest of the Week

Xael was up at 5am. The fire had gone out and the pups were still asleep as was Adam. She was quiet as she got up to get dressed for the day. The bedroom was freezing, not wanting to take her clothes off in the cold room, she grabbed what she was wearing and returned to the living room where it was warmer. Dressed, she woke up Adam and took the pups outside to use the bathroom.  Stepping outside, winter was getting to the small forest town quicker than normal.

Back inside, Xael waited patiently for Adam as the pups played around her feet.   She was deciding on what to do with the pups. They couldn't stay in the cabin alone, they couldn't be left outside and they were too little to stay in the diner. Xael needed to get their crate/cage thing today after work. She would call the hardware store in town to see if they had one.  Adam came from the back of the cabin dressed in black pants and a dress shirt as his uniform no longer fit.  Xael was standing with an upset look and pouting.

"What is it kitten?" Adam walked over to her and wrapped her in a hug, nuzzling and growling to help her calm down.

"What are we going to do with the pups? They're too little to take to the diner, they'd be all over the place."

"They can come with me to the station. I have the perfect spot for them."

"Oh good. I'll see about getting them a crate for them to stay in during the day."

"Sounds good babe. Come on boys! Time to go to work."

Xael breathed a sigh of relief and took one of their beds and a couple of toys. She gave Adam a kiss, thanking him for taking the pups. Pups and their stuff loaded into the jeep, Xael ran back into the house to get her notepad that contained her shopping list. Now they were ready.

Adam pulled into the reserved Sheriff's spot at the station so Xael could help him with the little ones. It was still pretty early and the pups wanted to go back to sleep.  Adam had Xael set the bed by his chair that way he could keep an eye on them and they were hidden from view if someone came into the station.

"Hey babe?"

"Hm?" Xael sat on Adam's lap, her arms going around his neck.

"Will you bring breakfast over for me?"

"Of course, you don't have to ask me that hon. I'll bring over a thing of coffee for you and Beau also."

"Mm, thanks." Adam couldn't help but nuzzle her, letting out a soft growl. "Mmm, your scent is changing again."

"I know."

"I like it."

"I can tell."

"Love you."

"Love you too."

"Hey look at me."

"Yes?"

"You have any trouble today, link me, understand?"

"I will. I'm sure the rest of the guys will be hanging out in the diner today."

"Ah, that's right, but still."

"Okay, I need to get going and get things opened up."

"K, what's for breakfast?"

"What do you want?"

"Scrambled eggs, toast, sausage and potatoes."

"Alrighty. See you in a bit."

Another kiss and Xael left to open up the diner.