Beau

Xael was finally resting peacefully and Grams and Skylar were enjoying a cup of coffee before lunch was ready.

"I have a feeling that Xael and Adam will be moving out here sooner than they thought." Skylar spoke while hidden by the newspaper that he was reading. Adam was nice enough to bring it by when he stopped to take care of Xael.

"I was thinking the same thing Wes. With this being Xael's first pregnancy and her having so many issues so soon, resting would be much better for her than trying to manage the diner. I'll talk to Vicki and Ester later today."

"Good, I'd feel better if she just rested. Three months is not a lot of time for pups to come to full term."

"Agreed, I'll go into the diner one day and go over the ordering with James."

"Mn."

Just as Emma got up to plate up lunch, Xael came shuffling into the kitchen and sat by Skylar, resting her head on his shoulder. He just shook his head and gave her a kiss to the forehead. "Why aren't you resting Puppers?"

"I'm hungry."

"I'll fix you up a plate Xaely."

"Thanks Grammy." Xael laid her head down on the table. With a soft whimper Xael lifted her head and looked around. "What time is it?"

"Almost one."

"Mn. Grams I don't think I'm going to be working much at the diner."

"Good! Me and Wes were just talking about that. This is your first pregnancy Xael and your body is going to need to change a lot for the babies."

"So I gathered from my back going out. I don't ever want to go through that again. Birthing these twins is going to be hard enough."

"Welcome to motherhood deary."

"I wouldn't trade it for the world." Xael laid her head back down until her plate was ready, her hand caressing her growing stomach. Skylar fed the pups and took them out only for them to run right back to their momma after their potty break. Xael just had a small bowl of macaroni salad, she wasn't as hungry as she thought and Grams told her she needed to eat more but she just wasn't feeling it today. Even though she wasn't in severe pain, she was still uncomfortable.

Finished eating, Xael went to take a hot shower and was going back to sleep. Heating pad turned back down to three, Xael slowly crawled into bed and under the covers, laying on her side. She made sure the pillow was between her knees helping to adjust her hips and back. Cradling her stomach with her hands, Xael drifted off to sleep.

Pulling into the small town, the clock on the dash read 1:30pm. Beau made pretty good time getting back to the reservation from the city. His phone went off a few times on the way up there but he just ignored it as he already knew who it was and didn't care to speak to her. Her name popped up on the entertainment system screen since his phone was connected to the radio via blue tooth. There was nothing left for him to say. She had made her decision and he had made his.

Beau dropped off what he had at his old apartment and left a window open to air the place out. He would see if Ms. Emma had any sage he could have because smudging was definitely in order; he could even use a sweat lodge.

With everything unloaded into his apartment, he would unpack and get settled tomorrow. He took a quick shower and dressed to head to Grandma's house. Before he left, he texted Adam that he had made it back to the res.