Friday - The Visit

Adam woke up to his chest vibrating from Xael's purring which was unusually loud. He pulled her in closer. There was a soft giggle as Adam deeply inhaled her scent.

"Love you."

"Love you too babe." Adam wondered if Xael knew what he was trying to do. "How do you feel?"

"Good, whatever you're doing, keep doing it."

"You can feel that?"

"Yeah."

"What does it feel like?"

Xael placed her hand on his bare chest as her eyes turned golden.  Adam was familiar with her healing energy and wondered if his eyes turned gold while he was trying to heal her.  Xael took her hand away as her eyes returned to normal.

Adam gave her a tender kiss as they shared a quiet but loving moment. The two laid in each other's arms for another 30 minutes in silence.

"Don't plan anything for next weekend."

Adam gave her a soft growl. "And why is that kitten?"

"Cause you're putting me into heat hon. Whatever you're doing while I sleep, is slowly putting me into heat sooner than I normally would be."

"Oh!....uhhhh... ha ha haa. Okay babe, I'll make sure to take off for the weekend."  Xael couldn't help but rub her nose along his jawline

"We should get up, Me and Grams have a lot to do today."

"Yeah, I'm running back into the city to get that tv and Skylar needs some things also."

"Do you miss living in the city Adam?"

"Hell no!"

"Haa ha hahaaa." Xael sat up and rubbed noses with him before climbing over to him to go to the bathroom. She washed up and put on light sweats to get ready for more canning. Going back into the bedroom, Adam was now up as Xael walked right into his arms, his legs on the side of hers. Wrapping his arms around her, he nuzzled into her midsection.  Xael rested her head on his as she purred softly.   After a few minutes of this, Adam looked up at her.  Xael noticed the faint change in his eyes, but chose not to say anything.

"You're doing it again hon."

"Do you want me to stop?"

"No."

She moved in close and rubbed noses with him again when Grams yelled from the kitchen.

"Food!"

Adam finally stood and took his Mate's hand. The two walked into the kitchen and had a seat. Xael heard a weird crunching sound.

"What's that noise?"

"Oh, Wes gave the boys a deer leg. They're out on the deck eating it."

"You two! Spoiling them rotten."

Skylar just laughed and went back to enjoying his coffee as Xael went to help grams finish breakfast. With that done, Xael quickly cleaned out the pup's water bowl and filled it with fresh water, taking it out on the back deck. They were too engrossed in their treat to even care.  Xael returned to sit next to Adam as everyone dug into breakfast.

"You two canning all day babe?"

"Yeah, pretty much."

"Wow, I didn't know it was such an involved process."

"Oh yes dear!" Ms. Emma chimed in as she enjoyed her coffee. "When Xael was younger, other women from the town would get together at each other's homes and teach the younger women how to can and preserve food. It's much better and healthier than buying a bunch of canned goods. But now, not very many younger people want to be bothered with it."