Let's go Shopping

Shado was the first one up much to his surprise. Xael hadn't moved a muscle once the heating pad was warm. Since she was still asleep he decided to take a quick shower and dress for the day.

Showered, dressed and ready for the day he glanced at his clock. It was almost 6:30, looking out the window, he saw that Ms. Emma and Skylar were at the diner. Shado quietly walked over to his sleeping Omega and gently nuzzled her. She slowly started to stir. Once awake, she sat up, just noticing that the bed was empty.

"I'm hungry..."

Shado burst out laughing at her. "Good morning to you to beautiful." Xael looked up, eyes still closed and smiled at him.

"Shower, we'll head to the diner." That was enough to get her out of the bed. She grabbed some clothes and darted into the bathroom. The hot shower she took, steamed up the bathroom. She dressed in the leggings and a t-shirt that her Grams sent over with the heating pad. Quickly drying her hair with his blow dryer, she braided it in a simple braid down the middle with a free flowing ponytail. She tied the braid with one of Shado's feathered hair ties. Coming out of the bathroom, she was embraced by strong arms and a warm kiss. She playfully growled and nuzzled the Alpha's neck as she shivered a little.

"Still having problems with keeping your temp up?"

"Just a little. It's getting better. Where's your hoody?"

Shado walked over to his closet and grabbed it for her. Quickly wrapping herself in it, she smiled at him with her intense grey blue eyes. They were now more blue than grey. Walking up to him, she wrapped her arms around him for a hug.

"So what is the plan for today?"

"Well, we're going to head to the diner to get you some food, then leave for the city."

"Mn. I'm ready!" Xael grabbed her bag as she zipped the hoody up. Shado made sure he had everything and that the heating pad was turned off.

"Let's go." Xael grabbed his hand and followed him down the stairs and across the street to the diner. There was just her Grams and Skylar as usual, enjoying coffee and each other's company in a booth. Walking inside, Xael made a beeline for her Grams.

"Xael! Morning dear." Xael engulfed her in a hug, inhaling the elders scent. "Morning grams. She turned to Skylar, giving him a quick hug also. "Morning Sheriff."

"Hey Pupkins. You doing better?" Xael sat next to her Grandma while Shado sat by Skylar.

"Yes, Thank you guys so much for everything."

"Of course dear! So what are you two up today?" Xael rested her head on her Grams shoulder.

"I'm meeting Adam's dad today."

"Oh really?!"

"Yeah. I need to buy some clothes also." Xael could feel her grandmother's excitement. Ms. Emma turned to Shado.

"Adam dear, keep Xael close to you while you're out."

"Yes ma'am."

"So Pupkins, Shado tells me you two are interested in my cabin?"

"We talked about it a little yesterday." Xael turned to her grams. "I know you're fine with us staying with you Grandma, but you and Uncle might want to establish a mate bond. Besides, you're not alone anymore!"

"Oh Xael! You must be reading my mind. We wanted to talk to you two about that. We have decided to bond. You're welcomed to stay with me, but I know how sensitive your senses are. Our bond might be too much for you."