Super Sized ~ *edited

The day at the diner was just like any other with a constant stream of customers for the breakfast rush. They kept things simple for the morning with build your own omelets. Everyone that remained in town, met back at the diner for lunch. Specialty for the day was Indian tacos which were quick and easy. Ms. Emma and Ester made a large batch of fry bread which was kept warm in one of the back ovens. All that Xael had to do was cook up the meat, beans and add toppings. During a break in the orders, She joined the group at the larger table in the back of the diner. All she ate was some fry bread with honey. Adam noticed she hadn't really eaten much for breakfast and was having even less for lunch.

{You feeling okay babe?}

{Yeah? I'm just not that hungry}

Adam gave her a smile and finished up his meal as there was no point in forcing her to eat. Xael took care of the empty dishes and the males all headed out to finish up their errands with Adam and Beau returning to the station. Now that lunch was over and the diner almost empty of customers, the ladies began cleaning and prepping things for the following morning. Since lunch had been simple there wasn't much that Xael had to clean up. The leftover fry bread the ladies split amongst themselves. Ms. Vicki and Ester got their hugs and called it a day. Xael and her Grams did a final check of things.

"You know you don't have to help out in the diner while I'm here Grams? You're supposed to be retired."

"I know! I don't mind hon."

Open sign and lights off, doors locked; The two walked over to the jeep to get the cleaning supplies.

"Hey Grammy?"

"Yes dear."

"Have you noticed anything different about Adam?"

"Yeah, he's like a damn lumberjack! What are you feeding that boy!"

"It's not me! I noticed his muscles are more defined and he seems taller."

"Well Adam is a sexy Alpha Xael. Muscles are to be expected!"

"Grams!"

"What!? Every single female in town had their eye on him dear! Prime Mate material he was. Emphasis on 'was'!"

"Oh good grief. I wonder if it has anything to do with whatever he's been working on while I'm asleep?"

"I don't know hon."

"Oh!! Did you hug Vivi when she left?"

"Yes? What's with you and all these questions?!" Xael gave her Grandma a silly face. "What about it?"

"She's pregnant!"

"WHAT!!"

"Not so loud!! Beau is right across the street!"

"There's no way you can know that, you little stinker!!"

"But I do! Her scent has shifted. She...she doesn't know yet, which is weird."

"Not really, we can't sense things until the fetus is about 2 weeks along."

"Ohhhh. I'm so excited for her! She's gonna make a wonderful momma!"

"Mn." Emma gave a smile but inside there was a little sadness that Xael would never get to experience that for herself.

The two of them headed over to Adam's apartment to start on the de-scenting process. Xael carried the buckets filled with supplies while her Grandmother carried the brooms and mops. Entering the apartment, the first order of business was to open the windows and allow the space to air out. Xael had to admit that she kinda missed the coziness of the place. Adam had left two of the large plants in front of the windows so Xael gave them a healthy drink of water.