Getting Settled

Xael sat on the couch between her Grandparents and rested her head on her Grandad's shoulder. He jumped when her ears popped out too, tickling his face.

"Babe?"

"I'm fine Adam, just tired. I think that's Minh and Beau."

Tank and Dozer's tails started to wag so Adam handed the baby to Xael as he went to answer the door. Xael pinned her ears to her head as she gently rocked the snoozing Pup.

Door opened, Adam was getting hugs and a large gift bag.

"Thanks you two, you didn't have to bring anything!"

"I know! I know!" Minh was waiting to move past Adam to see the babies but would wait until the Alpha allowed him to get close to his Mate and Pups. Adam stepped to the side and Minh rushed past him. Adam and Beau hugged then headed inside.

Xael had tousled her hair, which she now wore down, to hide her ears. The Pup's ears were another story as theirs perked up when Minh got close. He sat on the floor next to Xael after giving everyone a hug. Skylar, Adam's dad and Charles were going into town to get pizza for dinner tonight so they headed out and Minh took Charles' seat. Grandpa had handed Xael her Pup.

"How you feeling Xael?"

"Tired but doing much better physically."

"Good! How are they with feeding?"

"Voracious, here. Adam?" Xael was handing babies to whoever had a free hand.

"What is it babe?"

"I'm leaking." Xael rushed to the bedroom, to pump some milk for later and filled up four bottles. Changed, Xael came out of the bedroom to see Minh snuggling away in baby heaven with his arms full. Adam walked into the kitchen to see how his Mate was doing.

Fridge door closed, Xael turned and went straight for his arms. Adam closed her in a hug and rubbed his nose in her hair.

"I love it when you wear your hair down."

"Mmmm."

Adam could tell that Xael was still exhausted. "Babe get some sleep, mn?"

"Okay."

Back in the living room, Xael asked Minh if he would mind watching the Pups; he almost cried out of excitement. Pups safe, Xael went back to the bedroom to rest. Adam sat next to Minh as Beau was on the floor playing with Tank and Dozer. The Alpha loved the fact that he got to play with real wolves.

Adam relaxed onto the couch, his arm going onto the back of the couch behind Minh.

"Adam, is Xael feeling okay? It's kinda strange for an Omega to leave her Pups so soon."

"She's just exhausted. Today was her first real meal after giving birth and you...Uncle Minh, are going to be tasked with babysitting. Me and Xael want those that are going to baby sit to bond with the Pups."

"Ahhh I see!" Minh was very gentle with the Pups as they rested on his chest. " They are so---are those ears?!?" The little ones whimpered slightly and fidgeted but quickly settled down in the Male Omega's arms.

"Yeah, they popped out a bit ago."

"Crazy. These are some quiet newborns, especially being away from their momma."

"Yeah, but I'm here so they'll be fine."

Minh and Beau both took turns loving on the little cute bundles. They cuddled with the babies for about an hour then they started to fuss. Adam knew what the babies wanted and took them into momma who was already sitting up in bed. Inside their room, the Pups were taken out of their moss bags. Adam was giving soft growls to his babies while Xael got ready to feed them, one at a time.