Mates for Life {m}*

{m} ature

Shado was driving faster than Xael would have liked. She had Max's hoody on to help hide her scent enough so that it didn't completely wreck the Deputy's focus so he could still drive.

"Adam, you can slow down. I have the hoody on so you won't be that affected by my scent."

"Sorry babe. You just, you freaked me out back there."

"You! I'm the one that went into heat at a table full of Alphas!"

Adam let up on the gas a little bit.  Xael laid down in the seat as best she could to deal with the pain her heat was starting to cause. She also didn't want to distract him with her dramatic eye color.

"Xael? Baby talk to me, what's going on?"

"It just hurts. I'll - I'll be okay."

"You don't sound okay."

"Just get me to your apartment, safely!" Xael tried not to scream out in pain, she wanted all of her Mates attention on driving. She laid there and took deep breaths.

The jeep eventually came to a screeching halt in front of Shado's apartment. Both doors opened before the vehicle was in park. Shado quickly made it to Xael's side as she got out only to crumble to the ground as another intense wave of heat hit her.

"Fuck!" Shado tried to help her up but that was only causing more pain. "No! Just let me breathe for a sec." A few deep breaths and she was ready. Grabbing her pack they made it up the stairs and to the door. Xael kept her head down. Feeling it was now safe, she was on him, their lips locked together.

"Xael! Babe I can't get the door open!" Shado was fumbling with the keys as his own hormones were starting to take over.

Door finally opened, Xael slammed it shut and was on him again. Both trying to navigate towards the bed while removing clothes and keeping lips locked against each other. Safely on the bed Xael's scent was quickly filling not only the apartment but the entire building.

"God you smell so go...your eyes!"

"I know, it's because I'm in heat. Now shut up and mate me!"

Shado buried his face into her neck, inhaling as much of her scent as he could. Xael's body was now on fire, panting she clawed at the last pieces of clothing between them.

"I need you Adam..." Xael's voice was shaky and deep. Shado's eyes had gone red from the intensity of his Omega's sweet scent. Xael was quickly driving Shado into a full on natural rut. Normally, an Omega's heat scent only drove their Alpha into a desire to mate, not rut. But Xael was different. Being a Dire Omega, she needed her True Alpha to go into rut to mate her properly. Her scent was like a drug and he couldn't get enough of it, he began licking the scent area of her neck.

Shado was now growling, showing that his wolf was taking over, a natural part of the mating process for True Alphas. It was supposed to cause their Mates to submit. Shado had to prove to her wolf that he was a worthy and strong Mate. With his pheromones mixing with his scent, it signaled to her that he was ready.

This entire time, Xael had kept her eyes closed as she knew they had turned from blue to red. Her wolf now in control, she flipped the Alpha onto his back in one swift movement, pinning him to the bed. She knew that soon he would be in rut and stronger than her, but only because they were Mating. It was the only time a Dire's Mate would be stronger than them. If at any point, Xael's wolf thought he wasn't worthy or a threat, she would attack him.