Momma's Hurting

"Grams!"

"Grammy! Go...go get Skylar boys, go!"

Xael woke with excruciating pain in her lower back and radiating down both of her legs. Why her grams wasn't responding she didn't know and there was no point in linking Adam as he was all the way in town. It took all she had to sit up and swing her long legs over the side of the bed, her fingers digging into the mattress as she tried to breath through it all.  The little pups jumped off the bed and ran towards the kitchen, their paws thudding on the wooden floor as they went.

Skylar burst into the room with Grams right behind him.

"Xael?!"

"Unc..." Xael had tears running down her face from the pain and Grams already knew it was bad as Xael had an extremely high pain tolerance.

"Pup what is it?"

"It-its' my back, somethings not right."

Grams was by her side and lifting up the tshirt she had on, the older woman gasped at what she saw.

"Em?"

"Wes, call Adam and tell him to get here as soon as he can."

Wes was out of the room in seconds with Xael trying to turn her head and look while giving her Grammy a worried look.

"Xael honey I need you to lay back down."

"I-I-I can't, it hurts too much."

"Xael you don't have a choice dear, some of your disks are protruding and you're putting pressure on them by sitting up."

Grams was extra careful as she helped Xael lay down on her side. The elder woman placed a pillow between Xael's knees and that helped a tiny bit. The young Omega really needed her Alpha with her as he was the only one that could help her discomfort and get her spine into alignment. Grams helped the struggling puppies onto the bed as they too were concerned for their momma. Both of the little ones laid right by Xael's head, and gave her some soft licks, letting her know they were there for her.

"Sky-"

"Adam we need you to get back to the house as soon as you can."

Adam didn't need to say or know anymore for him to start out the door of the station.

"Max, Parker I gotta go. It's Xael."

"Well get! We got things here."

"Keep us posted!" Parker yelled at him as he rushed outside.

Adam took one of the police cruisers and flipped on the lights and sirens as he sped out of town. That drew attention as it was rare for the townsfolk to hear sirens. Some of the older store owners rushed out to see where the police vehicle was headed.

Even though he was in a hurry, Adam took the sharp curves of Cutler's Pass slow and easy. It would do no one any good for him to flip the large cruiser.

"Em what do you need me to do?" Skylar had re-entered the bedroom after phoning Adam.

"Will you rub her back between her shoulder blades? My hands aren't that strong."

"How you holding up Puppers?"

"I'm not, but I'll manage." Xael's voice was shaky as the level of pain continued. With her knees pulled up to her chest as best as they could reach due to her growing belly, it helped to relieve some of the pressure in her lower back. Occasionally, Skylar's hand would brush against one of the protruding disks in Xael's back.