Weaklings*

With a soft and tender kiss, Xael got up and pulled her Mate off the bed. He followed her into the kitchen where the older ones were sitting.

"Hey you two!"

"Hey Chief Houser."

"So what are you Barbecuing Xael?"

"Ribs, steaks and some chicken."

"Sounds yummy!"

Xael gave Shado another quick kiss and pulled the meat from the fridge to get started on it. The chicken she would put on last as it wouldn't take that long. Half the ribs would get a seasoning rub and the other half sauce, same with the steaks. The rest of the guys were sitting out back. Xael went out to get the grill ready.

"You guys want something to drink?"

"Nahhh we're fine."

"Ok, well there's more tea and lemonade in the fridge, you guys help yourself. This is your home too."

Xael opened the grill to find that it had been cleaned and was ready to go, but they moved it too close to the house.

"Hey, will you guys help me move this away from the house some more?"

A couple of the humans and Max came to help, Xael stopped him. "No! Not with that hand you're not. Parker, will you help?" Max turned and stomped off like a little kid but he was just kidding. Xael wasn't going to say anything, as the human's tried to lift it. Parker was on one end, the 2 humans on the other. After a couple of minutes, Xael took mercy on the struggling humans.

"Here, let me help." The muscles in her arms flexed through the tshirt as she took the end of the grill and slid it out from the house. Parker and her had a smirk on their faces as the humans stood by looking defeated.

"Sorry guys, I should have warned you it was super heavy."   Xael let out a cute giggle. "Thanks Parker!"

"Sure thing Xael."

"How are you able to lift this, you're a woman!" Ted was in for another lesson.

"And I'm also 4x times stronger than you.  Human man!  Why you humans never really learn anything about Wolfen is beyond me!"   Xael was going to rub it in and flexed her arms in a pose in front of them. Her and Parker laughed but it was all in fun. "If you want to help, there's some bags of charcoal on the front deck. Will you bring them back and set them by the grill?"

"Sure." Ted's masculinity was still defeated.  Xael propped the huge lid open and pulled the grates out to wrap them in foil. Heading inside, her pups were sitting next to Houser and Skylar, too busy getting pets to care that she was now in the house.

She got them wrapped and set off to the side. Going back out the charcoal bags were right where she needed them to be. The grill was large enough to hold 2 large bags of briquettes. Once she had the bags in the grill she cut them down the middle and dosed them with fluid. The charcoal caught quickly and she went back inside to wait for a good bed of coals to work with.

Her pups were still getting spoiled by the older males. But she didn't care as she stood behind her Mate. As Adam sat next to her Grams, she began to massage his shoulders but stopped and winced in pain.

"Xael? You okay Pup?" Skylar saw her as the others were distracted.

"Y-yeah, just a cramp, I'm fine."

Xael went back to massaging Shado's shoulders. He instantly relaxed, leaning his head back against her abdomen, her strong hands kneading away his tension.

"Thanks babe." Xael leaned down and kissed him on the forehead. Her arms went around his shoulders in a hug as she gently nuzzled him. She didn't care that others were watching.

"Love you..."

"Love you to Xael."

"Where's your hoody?" Xael wanted to have his scent around her.

"Hoody? It's too hot for that!" Xael had a cute pout on her face. "Fine...I'll be back." As Shado got up from his seat Xael plopped down to keep his seat warm. She rested her head on her grandma's shoulder.  Houser was till curious of the female 'Alpha'.

"Xael dear, where are you parents?"

"They're dead."

"Oh, I'm sorry dear."   Xael just looked at him and smiled.

"Those burn scars, are they why you have that purple heart."

"Yes Sir."

"I see, how many tours did you do?"

"Two."

"Interesting, were you always a medic?"

"No."

"No? What else did you do hun. I thought you were a medic the entire time."  Xael didn't think any of them needed to know that.  She'd just soon forget about it.

"No, they picked me to do other things at first.  I'm going to go see what's taking him so long."

Xael turned to her grams and smiled then left. The questions were getting too personal. The Elders saw she was getting uncomfortable.  As soon as she left Eli came in for some lemonade. Xael returned with one of Shado's jackets, he was right behind her.

"Hey bro!"

"Hey sissers."

Xael started going through the cabinets looking for pans for the grill.

"Grand...ma? Where are the pans for the grill?"

"Oh Xael! They're at the diner."

Xael stood and pouted again. She really needed them for the ribs and steaks.

"I'll be back, I need those pans. How much longer till you start the lodge talk Sheriff?"

"You have time. Not for another hour or so."

"I'll go with you babe."

"Me too! I want to see the area in the daylight."  Eli was also glad to hang with his sis for a bit.

"Let's go! I'll drive."  Shado reached for Xael's hand, she gladly took hold of his. Shado looked at her in his jacket.

"Aren't you going to get hot in that?"

"I'm already hot!"  Xael did a cute little dance and made a kissy face at him.

"Oh come on!  I don't need you two mating on the way to the diner." Eli was poking fun at the love birds, which caused everyone including them to laugh.

"Do you need anything from town Grams?"

"No dear. You guys be safe on the road.  There's been a lot of deer around lately."

"Yes ma'am."

The three headed out the front and towards Xael's jeep. She left the pups with Elders as they had fallen asleep under the table and her grandma was using Moose as a footrest. No sooner had they left than Chris came in for some iced tea.