Making Plans

Nearing the restaurant, they could see it was crowded with a line. Luckily Shado's dad had let Xael know that he already had a table for them and to just come in and towards the back. Finding a parking space and vehicle parked, Xael got out to help her Grams. As they walked to the front, the line to get in seemed longer.

"Oh Xael! It's so busy!"

"It's okay Grammy, Adam's dad already has a table for us."

"Oh good!"

As they got closer, Xael took up a protective stance next to her Grams. She led her to the door which was already open.

"We can just go on in Grams."

As the Elder made her way into the restaurant, a man moved and blocked her entry.

"Excuse me." She was calm about it and figured he didn't know they were behind him, but he did. He looked at her and turned back around. Xael was not having it as she walked up to him, she already knew others were upset that they were just walking in but she didn't care.

"Move" Xael growled at him but he growled back. His buddies were laughing. Xael changed her scent as her eyes went red.

"MOVE."

This time she used her Prime Alpha voice and snarled a warning at him, her canines prominent. Now he backed up, silencing his friends and anyone else that had an issue with them not waiting in line. Being a Prime, the Alpha was below her in status and had no choice but to submit. Xael stood between him and her Grams as she quickly entered, once inside the Elder gently tried to pull her inside. Xael retracted her canines but was still pissed. Before she left, she got uncomfortably close to the Alpha.

"Show some fucking respect!" 

 With that she turned and followed her Grams inside. Walking towards the table, other's quickly moved out of their way. Xael's intimidating red glare was all it took as she walked behind her Grams, making sure no one else moved to disrespect her. Xael tried to calm down before reaching the table but it didn't work.

"Whoa! Someone's not happy!"

"Sorry Mr. Shado. Mr. Shado this is my Grandmother, Emma Red Wolf."

"It's so nice to finally meet you!" Adam's dad surprised them both by giving Ms. Emma a huge hug. "You two have a seat."

Placing their orders, Ms. Emma and Adam's dad chatted away. Xael excused herself as she went to use the bathroom.

"Ms. Emma, your granddaughter is something else!"

"Ha ha hahaaa, that she is. I'm so happy she finally found such a good and true Mate!"

"I'm glad my son has her as a Mate as well." There was a brief moment of silence as the older Shado tried to formulate his next sentence. "Has she told you about the visit to see my Grandmother."

"She did. Xael has always been close to the wolves around our area. They are extremely protective of her and she of them also."

"Do you know what she really is?"

"Dear, as far as I'm concerned, she's my granddaughter."

"I understand."

Ms. Emma wanted to change the subject as they were in a public place and she didn't feel comfortable discussing Xael's status or origins. "Oh! Thank you for the gift of the cabin. Those two are going to be so happy with it. You should come out to the town some time to visit soon."