A Long Day

Xael cleaned the meat grinder as her Grams gave the pups a treat of raw beef.

"You're spoiling them Grammy."

"I know!"

Looking into the cooler, Xael saw some large soup bones. "What do you want me to do with the bones?"

"Oh! I need those to make some beef stock. We'll have to do that last so we can use the veggie leftovers."

"Okay."

Table cleaned and ready for the next round, Ms. Emma enjoyed a cup of coffee.  Xael put the next round of jars in the simmering water to sterilize them along with the lids.

"Xael dear, did you get extra lids?"

"Yes, I think they're still in the jeep."

"Okay, we may need to use the jars I have in storage."

"Mn."

Before Xael started chopping up more meat she took some things out to the clearing for the guys, while her Grams rested for a bit.

Back out in the small clearing, the Alphas had transformed and crept into the forest. Skylar's wolf was beautiful and massive and a little bit larger due to his age. He was silver and black with dramatic amber colored eyes. The older Alpha lifted his head and sniffed the air.  He crouched down and slowly began to move.

{Stay low. There's a buck up ahead}

{Understood}

It didn't long at all before picking up the scent of deer.  Skylar was used to hunting so his senses were a little more fine tuned than Adam's. They moved closer and closer, as the large beast came into view, Adam readied to attack when Skylar suddenly stopped him.

{No! Look}

Out from beside the large buck came a doe and 2 small fawns.  Adam relaxed a little, surprised at how compassionate Skylar could be while they were out hunting. They passed by the lovely deer family and continued on. Thirty minutes later, they found another large buck.

By now it was hot out and having to be so alert was draining, but Adam had to keep it together.

{That's the one...Stay away from his rear legs; he'll kick the shit outta you.}

{Got it}

The wolves took up position and were ready to strike when something startled the buck and he took off. Skylar and Adam stood dumbfounded as to what had just happened.

{What the hell!}

Adam thought of giving chase but when he saw Skylar just standing there.  He stopped.

{Oh....shit....}

Skylar dared not move as wolves started coming out of the woods, almost surrounding them.

{It's okay, They're part of Xael's Grandfather's pack.}

Skylar just looked at him as a tall human form came into view. This Alpha was a monster, almost 6'5, nothing but muscles and bright, ice blue eyes.  Across his shoulders was draped a large buck, already gutted. Next to him was the Pack Alpha. Adam and Skylar both lowered their heads out of respect when the Pack Alpha linked both of them. Skylar was having a hard time not losing his shit.

{I saw you two enter the clearing. Thank you for honoring the sacredness of the forest and for not harming the deer family. Take this buck instead, It will help get you through the coming winter}