Mother-in-law

Xael didn't stay in the bath long as the water quickly began to cool down. Shado helped her out and the two dressed for an evening of being lazy and cuddling. She just put on undies and a t-shirt while he just wore sweatpants. Before they exited the bathroom, he gave her a passionate kiss. Shado left to find a movie for them to watch while Xael braided her hair up for the evening.

Walking to the bed, her Mate was already relaxed as he rested against the headboard. She crawled in on her side and squealed from the heat of the electric blanket. Shado laughed as she snuggled up against him, resting her head on his shoulder.

"Thank You for the blanket!" She peppered his face with kisses. He playfully growled at her and pushed her onto her back, nuzzling her neck. Xael giggled at his playfulness as he stared into her eyes.

"I love you Adam."

"I love you too Xael."

They shared another passionate kiss but it was abruptly cut short by a ringing phone. Xael gave him a playful nip to his shoulder as he pulled away and sat up to answer it. The Omega cuddled up to her Alpha as she searched for a movie to watch now that he was distracted. She found an old but classic Dracula movie with Christopher Lee as the main actor. Shado agreed to the movie as he answered the call, it was his mom.

"What?"

"That's no way to talk to your mother Adam."

Xael slid down into the bed and rested her head on his lap. She didn't want to be so close to all the yelling.

"Yes it is."

"I seriously think you need to reconsider your choice in Mates."

"What the hell is your issue? I haven't heard shit from you in years. Years! Now all of a sudden you're concerned with something that's none of your damn business? Are you pissed because she's half black? Because if you are, this conversation is over."

"I just think there are better Alphas you can pick from other than her."

"Well I'm not, so unless you actually have something positive to discuss, this call is done."

"Don't you dare hang up on me!"

"Hmm...you dared to walk out on your own kid, so..."

"How well do you even know her? Are her parents even still together? Does she have good job? These are things you need to find out."

"I'm done with this call and with you."

His mom quickly rattled off an idle threat before the call ended. "You wait till I tell your dad about this!" Shado had to laugh at her.

"Go ahead, we had lunch with him today and he thinks she's awesome so... you can take your bigoted, never around as a mom, self absorbed ass and fuck off right back to where you ran off to when you abandoned me."

Shado hung up the phone then blocked the number.  Xael moved closer to him and released her scent more to calm him down. He noticed what she was doing and looked down at her as she rested her head on his lap. He moved down further on the bed, pulling her up to rest on his chest, his hand stroking her back.

"Thanks baby. I'm sorry she's like that towards you. She seems to have forgotten that her Mate wasn't white either and she's the one that ended their bond."

"I don't take anything she says seriously. I know she's your mom, but..."

"Trust me, I totally understand. Guess I needed to run into her today to finally tell her what I needed to. I'm proud to have you as my Mate, melanin rich skin and all." Xael looked up at him and blew him kisses when his phone rang again.

"Oh come on!" This time it was his dad.

"Hey dad. Let me guess, she called you?"

"Holy shit she is something else...look, is Xael there with you?"

"Of course, she's laying on me watching a movie."

"I'm so sorry you two. I have no idea what her problem is or why she's all concerned about things now. You're a grown ass Alpha!"

"I know. I told Xael I think Spirit had me run into her today because I really needed to tell her how I felt and sever ties with her. I know she's my mother but, i ain't feeling it."

"I know, I know. I think she's trying to get to you because she has a huge interview coming up for some high ranking magazine. They contacted me the other day for an interview but I refused."

"Ohhhh! So that explains everything. She's trying to keep up her prestigious perfect appearance. Well, they better not contact me."

"Oh I'm sure they will!" Shado and his dad talked for almost an hour. Xael found another old classic horror movie to watch when the phone call ended. She sat up next to her Mate and began rubbing her nose against his neck as she gently growled. Shado engulfed her in his arms.

"What are you doing baby?" Xael moved a tuft of hair out of his face. His scent had excited her to the point that her eyes had a soft pink tint to them.

"You're going into rut soon." He moved back and looked at her.

"You babe, are on a whole nother level of Wolfen..."

"Yes. Yes I am." She gave him another kissy face. "Now can we watch a movie; together?"

"Yes, let's." The two snuggled in for 'The Creature from the Black Lagoon.' Again. Half-way through it, Xael had to shut the electric blanket off as her body temp was back to normal for now. As they watched the movie, Xael would occasionally growl. At one point, she wiggled out of the Alpha's arms and laid next to him, but not as close as she usually did. That caused Shado to wonder what was wrong with her.

"Xael?"

"Hm?"

"Look at me." Xael raised her head and scrunched her nose at him. Her eyes had gotten redder.

"Sorry Adam, you're scent is starting to get to me." Shado sniffed his pits. He didn't smell anything nor did it feel like his rut was coming any time soon. But if Xael smelled it, it was true. Shado shook his head and chuckled at her.

"Omega weirdo..."

"Stinky furboy..."

The two of them laughed and returned to watching the movie. Before it was half over, Xael had fallen asleep. Shado turned off the tv and lights, then moved over to her. He spooned her, his nose nuzzling the back of her shoulder where her Mating mark was at. He to soon fell asleep.