Details Details Details*

Xael returned to the cabin after about an hour. It did her good to get out and run. She still remembered every nook and cranny of those beautiful woods. It also did her pups some good to get out not only with her but the other wolves as well. Shifting before she reached the steps of the porch, she grabbed the robe and headed inside. Once inside the house, she cleaned the pup's paws and smiled at her grams as she headed straight to the shower. Feeling refreshed, she put on her pj's and joined her grams in the living room.

"How was your run hun?"

"Awesome, I so missed being able to run freely like that."

"Mn, I heard you call the others. Did they show up?"

"Yeah. They were so beautiful Grammy! It all felt so warm, like family."

Her grandmother just smiled. Xael walked over and sat between her pups on the couch, watching her grandmother work on her beading. Xael gazed at her grams, her grey eyes had a tendency to change color slightly. Sometimes they were solid grey, other times they were ice grey with a black circle around them, making them even more noticeable.

"I'm sorry Grandma..."

"Sorry for what dear?"

"I should have come home as soon as I made it stateside instead of trying to live in the city."

"Oh! Don't be so hard on yourself. You need to create your own life dear."

"I guess." 

"So, what do you think of Deputy Shado?"

"I already told you that Grandma...he's mated. I can sense it but it's weird, their bond isn't as strong as it should be. It's very weak."

"Ohhh, I don't he's mated hun. I have yet to see or hear him mention anything about a Mate. No Alpha with a Mate would have done what he did for you today."

Xael just looked at grams. A relationship wasn't what she had come back home for. It was part of the reason she left. Her Grams didn't know why she came home, she just knew that Xael had called her upset one day and asked to come back home. This time for good.

"So what will you wear to the powwow Xael?"

"I...I could only bring one outfit. He destroyed the other ones."

"I see...you want to tell me what happened Pup?"

Xael got up and walked over to her. Ms. Emma could never get over how much she looked like her dad, her son. And her hair, it was thick and long, almost to her waist. Her granddaughter walked over and sat on the floor next to her, resting her head on her lap.

"I quit because of harassment. A couple of the guys found out I was Wolfen, they kept trying to get my wolf to react to them by putting me and my partner in danger multiple times. They thought I wouldn't fight back but I did. I told the supervisor that his refusal to do anything led to it. His superiors were on my side and took action against all of them. I didn't feel comfortable there any longer so I quit. Then the thing with Trevor got bad, really bad. One night he went into rut and tried to force me to Mate him."

"Oh my God Xael!"

"I'm fine Grandma. He tried to mark me but...I attacked him. Made him think twice about ever doing that again. There was a huge fight, and some of things got destroyed. My brothers from my unit came to help me. I called and they drove right over. That night we packed what was absolutely important while he was still unconscious and I left. Wiped my phone clean and left it behind. Cleaned out the account of everything I had and stayed with them in the next city over. The following morning I gassed up the jeep and headed here. Luckily I had my mail sent to a post office between here and my home."