The Showdown...?

Xael was the first one up. It was still pretty early; almost 6 am. She wanted to get up and take her pups out for an early morning run while the town was still sleeping. Xael nuzzled into her Alpha to wake him up. Without saying anything, he captured his Omega in a hug. Xael started to chuckle.

"Why are you up so early babe?"

"I want to take the pups out for a run before everyone gets out and about."

"Mnnnn. Hey, Houser is stopping by today."

"Really?!"

"Yeah..." Adam forced himself to sit up. "All kinds of shit went down at the station."

"Whoa...like what?"

"Houser's retiring at the end of the month, but get this! He's coming out to talk to the Tribal leaders about moving out here!"

"Seriously!?"

"Seriously! But wait, there's more. Max, Parker, Ted and James have all turned in their notices because Strickland got promoted to Supervisor. The rest of the guys are getting reassigned. No one wants that asshole as a Super."

"Holy shit...that's....I don't have any kind of a response for that."

"I know right?"

"Hmm. Too bad you can't hire Max and Parker!"

Adam just looked at her. "What did you say?"

"I said too bad you can't hire Max and Parker."

"Yeah. How far out are you running?"

"Just to the west edge of town."

"Okay, link me if you need anything."

"I will, you guys want breakfast?"

"Oh! Yes please."

"7:30?"

Adam was now nuzzling her neck. "Mmmm...Sounds good babe, hey?"

"Hm?"

"When are you going into heat again?"

"What!"

"You heard me Omega."

Xael nuzzled him back. "Whenever you put me in one, Alpha!" Adam gave her a growl as she just smirked at him. A quick kiss and Xael got up to go for her run.

"When are you coming back?"

"7"

Xael was already dressed as she called for her pup to follow her down stairs, she leashed them just in case and they took off for their run. She was glad she left early as there was no one on the street.

Adam got up and showered and changed for work. He hoped there would be no more tourists to deal with. Dressed, he headed over to the station. Walking in, the guys were all awake.

"You guys hungry?"

"Oh yeah!"

"We'll head over to the dinner in a bit."

One of the other officers couldn't believe how great they were getting treated as Beau wondered in. "You guys always get fed breakfast, lunch and dinner?"

"Yeah, pretty much."

"Holy shit...I'm putting in a transfer!" All the Alphas just laughed.

"It helps when your Mate runs the only diner in town." Beau poked Adam in the side. Adam just winked at him then followed up with the guys to see how their night went. They let him know they didn't hear a peep all night.