The Birds, The Bees & Omegas #1*

Spaghetti wouldn't take that long, but Xael wanted to have homemade bread for the garlic bread. But first she wanted to get the medicine bundles done.  As the guys headed out to the lodge, she called the pups in to eat, letting them back out after they had quickly finished their meal. She went to change into sweats as her Grams talked to Ms. Vicki and Ester on the phone while seated at the kitchen table.  Xael had returned to the kitchen and was searching the cabinets and drawers.  Ms. Emma sat and enjoyed a nice hot cup of coffee.

"What are you looking for dear?"

"The cheese cloth."

"Oh, it's in the back room, I'll get it while you get the stuff ready."

Xael removed the items from the apothecary bag and set the neatly packaged bundles on the table. There were enough ingredients to make 6 bundles, she thought 4 would be enough but wanted extra just in case. The bundles were for medicine baths to help pull toxins from her body and heal after mating. Her mom had left her a very old and worn book that detailed all kinds of information concerning Omegas.  The majority of Omegas needed at least 2-3 weeks to completely heal and recover after mating.  

The books weren't secretive or anything, there were other copies and you could purchase them, but her copy was special. Her mom and the Elder she received the book from had inserted extra pages with handwritten notes and 'secrets'.  Xael's copy contained information on the traditional ways for Omegas to mate and the special aftercare that was needed for a quick recovery. With the medicinal baths, she could cut her time down by just  a few days to a week. The special edition also discussed what new couples needed to do to help strengthen their initial Mate Bond and herbal soups that would aid in healing as well.

The Elder and Xael's mom also included things to expect when mating with different Alphas. Normal Alphas and True Alphas.  Xael knew what to expect and would prepare everything she would need ahead of time.

Her grandmother returned with cheesecloth, twine and scissors.

"So hun, I see you are preparing your aftercare for mating in the traditional way. Have you talked to Adam about what he needs to do for you afterwards?"

"No, not yet.  I think that's why my eyes are like this. I have a feeling that me spending so much time with him; his scent is sorta putting me into heat."

"What?!"

"I know Grams. I think it has to do with him scenting me, that's the only thing I can think of."

"Has he said anything about you two mating?"

"No. I wanted to talk to him tonight about it."

"Good! I've always said that couples should connect with each other before they mate and talk. If they can follow the traditional ways even better, that will strengthen your bond even more."

"Like mom and dad and you and papa?"

"Yes!"

After a few seconds of silence, Xael sat in a chair and looked at her grandmother. "Grams?  Why aren't you and Sheriff Skylar together?  You two get along so well, you're around the same age, and he seems to really enjoy your company!"

Her grandmother suddenly got this huge smile on her face and leaned over the table.

"I'll let you in on a little secret my dear...we are!"

"WHAT?!?"  Xael squealed with delight at hearing such good news. "When did this happen?"

Both women were now grinning from ear to ear.