Downtime & Planning

Skylar and Grams were right about Xael going to work. Later that night, Adam and Grams both talked to James on speaker phone and let him know that Xael just needed to rest. James totally understood and agreed with them.

The next day, Xael was good enough to go back to her own home but Adam already knew it was only temporary. She spent time getting things ready to spend an extended stay at Grandma's house. Grams let her know that if there was anything else she needed, they could order it or the guys could go and pick it up.

It was hard for Xael to just sit and do nothing but she realized it was for her health and the safety of her babies. Her and Adam spent most of the evenings at their cabin, snuggled up together talking about their future. For now, Adam just wanted her safe and healthy. The last attack really frightened him even though he didn't show it. Losing her was not an option for him.

Xael had their bags packed along with boxes of food to take. Especially a lot of the home canned goods she had. Clothes, baby items, food, pup beds, Xael was set. Adam had talked to the guys about staying at the cabin while they were gone but none of them felt comfortable staying there. That meant that he would just have to come out and check on the place from time to time. Kai and Beau, who had connected also, let Adam know that they would stop out also and keep an eye on the place. Speaking of Kai, Adam was his first lawn customer since he didn't have time to deal with the yard.

Xael stopped into the diner only once that week and that proved to be too much for her with James and the ladies officially banned her from the diner.  Adam always checked in on her via their link to see how she was doing. To be honest, she was already tired of just sitting around but knew no one would allow her to do anything so it wasn't worth the hassle of arguing.

The following weekend, Adam left early to pick up Skylar's truck to help them move stuff over to Grandma's house.  Beau, Minh and Kai were their to help them.  Max and Parker were helping out in the next town as food poisoning had hit the station and too many officers were out sick. Adam was on call in case there was an emergency but the weekends were pretty calm in thier little town. Chris, Eli and Ted stayed busy with handyman jobs.

Ted and Eli were currently working on finishing up the covered patio at the diner and Chris was installing a new floor at another location. Houser was busy himself getting his new house in order. He was very handy but only when it came to working on stuff for himself.

Help arriving at the small cabin, Minh was sure to keep an eye on Xael as they loaded up Skylar's truck. He was very adamant about her not lifting anything due to her back and was like a fourth mother hen that Xael was fine with that. With Beau and Kai, it only took them one trip as Adam loaded up the other vehicles with food.

Since no one would really be at the house during the winter months, Kai volunteered to make sure the wood stove was going to keep pipes and things from freezing. Adam would also check when he was able to.

By Thursday, Xael and Adam were moved over to Grandma's house and the Elder couldn't be happier. Again Xael tried to help with unloading and organizing things but again she was forced to just sit and watch. When they were loading up stuff to take, Xael had given Beau and Minh a good amount of canned goods to take to help them get through winter and as a quasi house warming gift. Even though Minh was not staying full time with Beau, the two were quickly planning for Minh to move out to the reservation sooner than later.

Adam returned to the station Thursday afternoon since Xael was somewhere safe and doing better. The Great Alpha made it a point to get ahold of the Tribal Council in person to discuss taking maternity leave for his Mate. They were more than happy to give him all the time he felt he needed. A Great Alpha's Luna were about to give birth; it was a serious deal for them and the Elders on the council let him know that. Adam wanted to take just 5 weeks but they told him that his time off would start that Monday. Adam tried to argue with them but the council refused to listen to him and stressed that since his Mate was having issues early on, that it would be best that he spend as much time with her as possible to ensure she had a safe birth.