People Change

Morning and Adam was the only one waking up to the sound of the alarm. Both Xael and the Pups were still in a deep sleep. Adam could only shake his head and smile. Never in a million years did he think he would be in his own home next to a Mate that was about to make him a proud and happy father. The Alpha leaned down and kissed her tenderly on the side of the head which caused her to stir. Xael sat up and looked around.

"What time is it?"

"Almost 6."

Stretching her muscled arms over her head, Adam gently placed a hand on her abdomen and smiled while he leaned down to her belly.

"You two take it easy on your momma, she's the only one we got." That earned the Alpha a loving kiss.

Xael stood up and Adam could already see her growing stomach starting to bulge under the tshirt. Pups awake and outside to potty, Xael went to get dressed while Adam watched them from behind the patio door. The morning was a little chilly so they didn't stay out long and only played around for a little bit. Xael came back to the front dressed for work. The Alpha quickly gathered her in his arms, giving her a growl.

"Don't do too much today babe."

"Mm, I'm not. Just working on some special order desserts and taking care of the register."

"Okay, I'll be keeping tabs on you."

"I expect nothing less, Great Alpha."

Adam chuckled at her then went to get ready for work as Xael fed and watered the pups. They still had a lot of play left in them so after eating, they were let back out to rip and run until they had to leave. Pups back inside, Adam was coming down the hall. He did look sexy in his uniform as Xael growled before giving him a deep kiss.

"Okay sexy momma, let's get to work." Adam smirked at her as Xael playfully snarled at him, baring her canines.

Pups loaded up in the back of the jeep, Adam let her know that today was just a half day for him and tomorrow he would have to work late as Max and Parker had just half a day. Xael was fine with it but Adam didn't want her staying alone.

"I'll be fine Adam, I'm not that far along yet."

"I know but it'll just make me feel better babe."

"Okay, I'll stay out at Grams."

"Good."

"Hey Adam?"

"Yeah babe?"

"Have you heard from Beau since he left?"

"No, why?"

"I tried contacting Vivi and she didn't reply."

"Why do you sound so worried about it?"

"I don't know something just doesn't feel right, it's like...It's like we won't be hearing from them again."

"What? I thought you and Vivi were close?"

"So did I, but something just feels off with her."

"It's probably just her hormones babe. She's having a pup also."

"I know, but it's not like her to not respond."

Adam took her hand to reassure her. He would try to call Beau later that morning.

"Hey! Since you're only working half a day, can we go to the city?"

"Ahhhh, reading my mind huh?"