The Alpha's Approval*

As the Elders chatted away in the kitchen, Xael suddenly froze while at the sink. She had picked up on her Mate starting to panic. Linking her pups, they let her know that the wild ones were there. Not only the wild ones, but one large, menacing Alpha in particular.

"Shit!" Before anyone could notice, Xael was quickly marching towards the front door.

"Pup?" Her grams became concerned.

"Stay here!"  Xael was out the door and running down the road towards the guys. She knew they weren't in any real danger, but if one of the other Wolfen were to shift, they might see it as an act of aggression. Plus there were the humans to consider. Skylar and Houser rushed outside to see if they could detect anything but picked up nothing.

Xael reached them in minutes as she ran down the dirt road. Seeing that none of the Wolfen had shifted, she relaxed but only for a little bit. "Guys, don't move." All the men turned their attention to her. Shado suddenly yelled at her.

"Xael, behind you!" She turned around to see the large pack Alpha coming towards her. Shado went to run to her but Max and Parker stopped him. Xael sensed her Mate again.

"It's okay! Stay there." The large Alpha stood next to her. Looking up at her it growled, but she simply smiled at him. Suddenly Xael and the monster sized Alpha were walking towards them. The two were joined by four more enormous sized wolves that took up positions behind them. The guys had been so focused on Xael and the Alpha that they hadn't noticed that more wolves had surrounded them from behind. The group was now completely encircled by wild wolves.

"Holy merciful shit..." Ted and James were both dumbstruck that the beautiful woman from earlier wasn't afraid of the wolves at all.

The other wolves, including Xael's pups all sat at attention, moving out of the way for the two of them to approach the guys. But Xael stopped, standing in the circle with the other wolves. The four large ones stood, it was as if they were guarding the group from intruders. She looked down at the Alpha as if the two were communicating. Xael nodded slightly and smiled again as she proceeded towards the men.

"It's okay guys. Just don't move. Adam?" She walked up to him and took his hand, leading him towards the large and intimidating group of wolves. He stopped, not sure it was a good idea.

"It's okay, they won't hurt you. Trust me, please." She gave him a smile to reassure him. Walking through the opening in the circle, Xael and Shado stood in front of the Alpha. He walked up to Shado and reared up on his hind legs, his fore paws landed hard on Shado's shoulders as the wolf stared him in the eyes. None of the Wolfen had seen wolves this big, they were supernatural in size.

Shado wasn't about to move as he was too terrified. Even though they were Wolfen Alphas, the wild wolves, particularly the pack Alpha, were very intimidating. The large Alpha threw his head back and let out a loud and commanding howl. The vibrations went down not only Shado's spine but the others as well.

The pack Alpha howled again. His howl carried through the entire forest. Those at the house even heard it. It sent shivers through all of them.

The Alpha got down and slowly walked behind Shado, it glanced briefly at the men behind him. Gunner and Moose moved and stood with the men. Moose leaned on Eli, almost pushing him over. With the large Alpha behind him, Shado felt himself being shoved over to Xael. The Alpha pushed him again towards her, causing him to bump into her.

She was trying not to laugh so she lowered her head. Shado was now next to her. The Alpha howled, this time all the others joined in, filling the forest with a wonderful and thunderous sound. Even Gunner and Moose joined the chorus, startling the humans and Alphas.