Friday - I Told You...

Skylar drove to town.  It was a nice day so the drive was a pleasant one.  Adam thought they should go ahead and stop at the diner to pick up the freezer first, plus he wanted to make sure the officers that were filling in for him and Beau were doing good. Getting closer to town, Adam got cell reception so he called Beau to see how he was doing. Beau was doing much better and just had a bout of the stomach flu, Vivi was taking care of him.

Reaching the diner, Adam realized he didn't have a key for it.

"Relax, I've got one." Skylar laughed at him. The freezer was smaller than Adam thought, but it was the perfect size for just the two of them and what they would use it for. Thankfully it was already empty and unplugged. Carrying it out of the diner, the two of them heard familiar voices.

They quickly loaded it into the back of the truck and turned to see Houser and Mr. Hunt, one of the council Elders walking across the street.

"Morning!" Skylar greeted them while Adam secured the freezer in the back of the truck.  Even though they weren't going far he didn't want it sliding around. Hopping down from the truck, Adam shook their hands.

"Morning. What brings you back to town, Chief Houser?"

"I got approved!"

"Congratulations!" Both Skylar and Adam gave Houser a hug.

"Thanks, I'm just here to sign some things and look at a few properties."

"That's awesome! Xael will be happy to hear the news."

"Speaking of Xael, is she still doing okay?"

"Yup, she's fine." Adam could see Skylar give him a look.

{I'll tell you later}

"Well I'm glad to run into you two today, especially you Adam. The council has approved the two additional new hires. Here are their welcome letters."

It took everything Adam had not to start jumping around and howling. "Yes!! Oh my gosh! Thank you so much. This is wonderful news!"

"My pleasure, since you're both here, can I have a moment of your time?"

"Sure thing Elder Hunt." Skylar patted Adam on the back to show his happiness. Houser excused himself as he was meeting with one of the Tribal real estate agents to look at some places.  Making it over to the station. Skylar and Adam saw Sheriff  Fern Ta'Oma; he was another Elder Sheriff in the bigger town of Sha'Hamish, were the extra officers came from. 

"Hey Sheriff!"

"Skylar! How's the retirement going?"

"Just fine. So what's going on?"

Council Elder Hunt wanted to talk to them about the tourist groups. It seems the tour leaders and a lot of the tourists really appreciated the hospitality shown not only by the town but the diner also. He and the other council members wanted to get their feedback on possible making the tours a permanent thing.

Skylar and Adam burst out laughing as Adam relayed the conversation he had with Xael earlier about having the tourists regularly in town. They were already getting the jump on it by updating the diner and station to be more welcoming.  Both the older Sheriffs and Mr. Hunt looked at each other, amazed at the positive attitude and forward thinking by the young Alpha and his Mate.

"Wonderful!! I think it's settled! I'll let the council know that things are a go. If you, Sheriff Skylar and Ta'Oma can get some ground rules together for the tourists to follow that would be great. I know you're on your way out Wes, but the council really values your opinion still."