+1

Adam felt something furry under his chin. He already knew it was Xael so he just tried to relax. Curled into a fetal position, the pups were resting in the crook of her knees, her large black tail draped over them to keep them warm.  Adam went to move which caused Xael to whimper.  Rubbing his lips against her forehead, Xael didn't even wake up. He thought about waking her but decided to let her sleep. Sitting up, he looked for his phone on the nightstand.

"Thank god it's Sunday." Adam stood up and stretched before heading to the bathroom. Going back into the bedroom, he left the sleeping bodies and made his way to the kitchen after getting dressed. The Elders were already at the table enjoying a cup of coffee. How he hadn't smelled it, he didn't know.

Adam sat by Grams, his large muscled arm going around her shoulders. Adam's hair was getting longer as as it casscaded over his shoulders and down his back. It was rare for him to have it down; he usually wore it tied back just to keep it out the way.

"How'd you sleep?" Skylar was reading the Sunday paper that Kai had dropped off earlier. Adam was so tired that he didn't even notice that either.

"Like a ton of bricks buried 6 feet deep."

"Xael still sleeping?"

"Yes Grams."

"Did she wake up at all?"

"Nope. Pups are wiped out also. I think she's hurting cause her tail is out along with her ears."

"Hmm...could be because of all the adrenaline from the attack."

"Is there anything to help her with that?"

"Afraid not dear, not with her being pregnant."

"You being close to her is pretty much all she needs. That and salt baths to help draw out ANY soreness."

"Okay."

While they were sitting at the table talking, three dazed and confused bodies came bumbling into the kitchen. The pups plopped down at their food bowls and Xael, not caring that her ears and tails were out, crawled up in Adam's lap. He almost spilled hot coffee on her but luckily his reflexes were quick and he was able to put the cup down. Sitting in his lap, her legs dangled off to the side as she buried her face in the crook of his neck, her ears pinned to her head.

With a sigh, Adam held onto her and gave a soft growl while she whimpered.

"Adam dear, I don't think she's going to be able to do much of anything this week."

"I got that feeling too. That's fine, I'll talk to her about it when she wakes up...all the way. Are Omega's usually this clingy when they're pregnant?"

"Yup!" Both Skylar and Grams answered at the same time with huge smiles on their faces.

Adam let Xael sit on his lap until his legs started falling asleep. Before that Skylar had fed and taken the pups out.

"Adam, wake her up and I'll get a salt bath going for her."

Everyone thought Xael was asleep but she wasn't, she just wanted to snuggle up to her Alpha some more.

'I don't want a bath. Can I have some broth?'

Adam chuckled at her. "Grams, she just wants some broth."

"Ah, okay. Sneaky little toad!"

Since she was awake, Adam needed his legs back. "Babe, you're putting my legs to sleep." Xael reluctantly moved to the chair next to him but still rested her head on his shoulders. Since she was up, Grams started on breakfast. The broth was already made, it just needed to be heated up.