Answers #2

Hearing footsteps behind her, Adam was chuckling. He just noticed that Xael had on a pair of his sweatpants.

"Don't laugh! It's the only thing that fits with this tail!"

"You still can't retract them?"

"No, believe me I've been trying all morning."

"Well let's finally get some damn answers. I'm tired of this air of mystery bullshit."

"You and me both!" Xael turned to the little pups. "Come on boys!"

Galloping towards the deck, one tackled the other causing them both to go tumbling. Xael laughed and shook her head, they were just like their daddies. The both yelped as she scooped them up. Adam reached out for one of them as they were both squirming while still trying to play with each other.

"You two little rug farts!" Adam nuzzled into the pup's soft fur with a growl. All that did was cause the one he was holding to lick his face.

Walking to the Jeep, they each kept a pup in their lap. Adam moved the seat back a little as the pup he was holding was getting shoved into the steering wheel. Plus he needed room for his longer than normal legs. They must have ran themselves ragged as the little ones settled into their laps and fell asleep soon as the vehicle went down the road.

"They are so like their fathers." Xael was looking down at the one in her lap with a huge smile on her face. Adam rubbed her shoulder.

Driving into their small town, it was so early that Emma and Skylar hadn't made it to the dinner yet. Xael looked at the clock on the radio, 5:30am.

"Hold up wait a minute! This ain't right! How is it only 5:30 in the morning?!"

"What?!" Adam looked also, he could have sworn the time was going on at least 8 am.  It was daylight when they got up and it had taken them some time to reach the others.  Everything seemed like one big time slip.  "Okay, we are getting answers this time, I don't care what anyone says."

"Agreed, but can we stop and get something to eat?"

"Grandma is cooking us breakfast."

"Oh! Okay, I'll just wait then."

"Mn, you might as well get comfortable, it's going to take awhile to get there."

"I know, I'm sure I'll fall asleep at some point."

But she didn't. Xael stayed awake for the entire ride out to the Elder's home. This time when the vehicle pulled up, no one was waiting on the front deck. Getting out, they let the pups run around to let off steam and use the bathroom after the long ride. Finished, the pups hurried back to their sides. Xael didn't want them running all over the Elder's house so they picked them up as Adam knocked on the door. Xael totally forgot about her ears when the door swung open. The delicious aroma of food hitting both of them.

"Come on in! Foods ready. Awwwww. Who are these two little cuties?!"

"They don't have names yet. My boys gave them to me."

The Elder looked at her and Adam alternately. No wolf would willing give their own pups away nor would a female wolf allow that.

"They are her boy's pups Grandma. They each gave her one."

"Unbelievable. Ah! Come, we have much to discuss."

The Elder's other dogs came trotting up to sniff out the newcomers. Xael sat the one in her arms down and Adam did the same. The little ones just sat there, letting the older dogs inspect them. Not sensing that they would do the puppies any harm, they headed to the dining room. The pups began playing with the older dogs who were quick to make them behave which was fine with Xael.