Hard work is done

Xael and her Grams had been canning veggies for most of the day. Beans, tomatoes, potatoes, carrots, not to mention the strawberries, apples and pears. Thankfully, vegetables didn't take that long to process. Xael even made some spaghetti sauce, pickles and two kinds of salsa.

With the canning session winding down, Xael called for her pups. Again they were at the front door. Paws cleaned and fur brushed out the pups laid down in front of the couch. They were tired after spending most of the day out in the forest.

Xael decided to fix some roasted veggies and potatoes along with homemade rolls to go with the chicken the guys were bringing back. Meanwhile Grams worked on canning her bone broth. Xael put a pot of coffee on also as she knew her Grams and Skylar would want some after dinner.

Veggies in the oven and bread rising, Xael had a seat at the table.

"Man, we canned a lot of food Grams!"

"I know! We are all set for winter!"

"Good. Are you set on fire wood?"

"Oh yes. That tree Wes and Adam chopped up was enough. How about you two? You may want to check with Wes to see if you need to have the flue on the wood burner cleaned out."

"Okay."  Xael rested her head on the table. Her Grammy sat next to her and rubbed her back. Letting out a long and heavy sigh, Xael turned to look at her Grandma. "Why am I going into heat again so soon Grams?"

"Oh sweetheart....That's your Alpha's doing. Since your Adam's first Omega, he may not realize he's doing it."

"Oh he realizes it, trust me! I just didn't think it would be so soon though."

Ms. Emma kissed her on the head and returned to the stove as Xael rested for a bit.

Riding back to town, Adam was fairly quiet.

"You okay over there Shado?"

"Yeah, just pissed at my mom, nothing new."

"She is something."

"That she is."

"So when are you going to tell Max and Parker that they have the job?"

"Sunday at the BBQ! Xael's going to be excited to have them here."

"Yes, I think she's glad that her family Pack is growing and coming together. She's never really had that."

"I know how she feels, neither have I."

"So what are you going to do with your apartment now that you guys have the cabin?"

"Well, Chris and Eli are going to crash there Sunday. There's no point in them driving back to the city just to come back out in the morning.  Xael suggested to Max and Parker that they stay there until they can find their own places. But that was only if they got the jobs."

"Good idea!"

Chatting about this and that, the Alphas were back home before they knew it. Again Skylar backed his truck to the deck to unload stuff. As Adam walked in, Ms. Emma was quick to quiet him. Xael had fallen asleep at the table. Adam quietly walked over to her and nuzzled her. She slowly woke up, her stomach growling causing everyone to laugh. Xael nuzzled him and stood up, stretching her long frame.

"Hey sleepy head."

Xael hugged him and went to help unload stuff.

{You okay babe?}
{Yeah, I'm just tired}