The BBQ #2

The Spirit wolves hung around for a little bit until they sensed 'outsiders' coming. Before leaving, her Grandfather and Taza reassured Xael that her Pups would be fine and that she could visit them anytime. As they disappeared into the woods, Adam gave her a hug and another growl letting her know things would be okay. She gave him a kiss and returned to the kitchen to bring out some drinks for everyone. While she was inside, Chris and Eli showed up. Everyone greeted them and Ms. Emma introduced them to her cousin, uncle and other Grandparents. Xael came out with cups of ice and pitchers of tea and lemonade for everyone. She had Kai and Eli bring out the tub of ice that held the cans of pop.

Soon the others began to arrive. Houser along with Ms. Ethel, which surprised both Emma and Skylar. Beau and Vivi made it as did the guys from Adam's old police unit. Xale had finished things up in the kitchen and joined the others on the back deck. All the young Alphas were hanging around the grill talking and getting to know each other better. The older folks talking amongst themselves and Xael and Vivi were gabbing away. Occasionally, Adam would see her looking off into the woods. He was glad Vivi was there to keep Xael mind off her pups for the most part.

The day together was badly needed. It was a wonderful time spent with family and super close friends. Xael let Adam deal with all the meat while she connected more with her grandparents. At one point, Adam was able to pull Beau off to the side to find out what was going on with him and he was right. Beau was wanting to move to the city to be with Vivi as they had finally decided to establish a Mate bond with each other. Adam congratulated him which surprised him as Beau thought he would be upset but he wasn't. Adam told him that he totally understood and that Max and Parker would be taking his place, they just didn't know it yet.

Beau agreed to stay until Max and Parker were settled into the job but he didn't think they would have an issue with that. Adam told Beau to let him know when he'd be moving and he and Skylar would be happy to help. The two returned to the group. Skylar nodded at Beau, letting him know he was privy to what was going on.

The food was amazing as usual and The Old one was the 'guest of honor'. Everyone waited to allow her to eat first. She couldn't get over all the attention she was getting and she was loving it. As the festive day wore on, others started to drift off home. Chris and Eli were spending the night at Adam's apartment so they would stay. Max and Parker were asked to stay as well. During the day, James and Ted had been fairly quiet. Xael figured they were thinking about what they wanted to do. Houser, Ethel, Beau and Vivi were now gone. Dentin and Kai were going to stay out with Emma and Skylar, they two were tired so they headed out to the house. Adam's dad wanted to get his Grandmother home. The day had worn her out and she was about to crash. Xael wouldn't let her go without getting a huge hug.

Now that the evening had quieted down and things were cleaned and put away, everyone gathered around the firepit that Adam had started up.

"Hey Max and Parker, I've got some news for you guys?"

The two just looked at each other, lost and confused.

"The Tribal council gave me the okay to hire two new officers and you guys are it."

They both just sat there for a bit, not sure they had heard him correctly.

"Don't play with us man!"

"I'm not. Here you go." Adam handed them the welcome letters from the council.

"Holy shit! We got jobs!!" The two were jumping and howling about at the awesome news. The others congratulated them. Xael could feel that the night would be one of change, positive change.