Grandparents

"Our company is getting ready to leave, hold on baby."  Grandma headed back to the living room after getting another hug from Xael.  Adam had been fairly quiet since entering their house but that was his thing now. Quiet and intimidating. As the voices got louder, Adam sensed others coming closer and instinctively pulled Xael over to him. Grandad saw him and gave a soft chuckle at how protective the young Alpha was over his Granddaughter.

"Everyone, this is my granddaughter, Xael and her Mate Ada-"

"Oh my God!!"

Before her Grams could even finish the sentence, one of the older women in the group immediately recognized what they were from their shimmering gold eyes. They all did. Getting themselves together, the Elders gave the young couple a slight bow.  Adam finally spoke up as he approached them. His voice alone garnered attention.

"Elders do not bow, please." Adam gently raised the woman up in front of him, giving her a kind smile. Tears began running down her cheeks.

"Oh, please don't cry!"   Xael was now there, another gentle hand on the woman's arm.

"I can't believe I have lived long enough to see a Great Alpha and Luna of color in my lifetime."

"Ella? Charles?  This is a very big deal! You two didn't say a word!"

"A black Great Luna and a Native Great Alpha? I don't think you two know what this means! Young Wolfen of color everywhere can hold their heads high and proud. You always see Great Alphas depicted with all this blonde hair and blue eyes."  One of the older men was also getting exciting.

"Truly a blessing!"

"Okay everyone, that's enough. They're still our granddaughter and grandson, not some sideshow." Charles was getting uncomfortable for both of them.

"We will talk about this later." The oldest of the group shook her finger at Charles and gave Adam a brief hug before walking towards the door, the others right behind her.

Finally alone, the grandparents burst out laughing. "Oh you done did it now you two! Come on in and have a seat." Xael and Adam followed Grams into the living room and sat on the loveseat.  It was still warm from their previous guests.

"Y'all want something to drink?"

"No sir."

Her Grandparents took what were their usual seats as the recliners were right next to each other.

"Now what brings you two out from the reservation?"

"Just in the city and thought we would stop by and visit for a bit." Adam now had a huge cheesy grin on his face as Xael took a deep breath.

"Grandma, Grandad, I'm pregnant."

"I know your pretty dear."

Adam tried to keep from laughing and played it off like he was coughing.  He was pretty sure Xael didn't mumble what she had just said.

"No Grandma. I'm pregnant; with babies."

"AGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

Grandma was up on her feet and dancing her best Sunday dance. Grandad just patted Adam on the arm and pulled him up for a hug.

"Congratulations you two! Congratulations!!"

"Oh my baby, come here!" Xael was wrapped in a tight hug. "Your parents would be so proud of you. Both of you. Get over here and give me a hug. You aint that great you can't give your grandma some sugar!" Adam was wrapped in a tight Grandma as well.