We Need to Talk...*

Xael was in the kitchen finishing up the dishes when Shado entered from the back door and walked up to her. "Leave it for now, come with me."  Shado took her hand, not even giving her a chance to protest. The pups had been resting in the living room in front of the couch.  She had brought them in to keep them out of the way and so the men could focus on working.

Shado was hot and sweaty and wanted to shower before they had to gather again.   Walking into their shared bedroom, he looked back at her. His face was serious. "Wait for me."

"Okay..."

Xael laid down to rest for a bit while he showered.  She already knew what he wanted to talk about. He came out in a fresh pair of sweats and a t-shirt, his semi-wet hair tied back in a ponytail.  Xael's back was to the bathroom door but she moved to sit up as he got on the bed. Without saying anything, he pulled her into him and wrapped her in a much needed hug from behind.   He'd been dying to hold her all day.  Her arms gently went over his as he nuzzled her from behind.

"You had me worried today..."

"I'm sorry."

Shado felt her relax into him more.

"Xael?"

"Hmn?"

"How are you able to do what you did with those wolves today?"

"They've always been close to me and I didn't do anything to them. The Alpha that showed up, when I was little, I got lost one day when I wandered too far from the cabin. They found me and kept me safe through the night. One of the females from the pack found Grams out looking for me and led her to me."

"Now explain to me about the Alpha."

"It's like I already told you, he's my Grandad."

"Explain it to me Xael..." Shado's voice was stern as he wanted answers.

Xael moved out of his arms to turn and face him. "My grandma and grandpa were not my dad's real parents. His pack was attacked the night he was born. My other grandma died trying to save him by getting away from the attackers. That Alpha, he holds my Grandfather's spirit. He was badly injured in the attack and was about to die. Some of the wild wolves helped them against the attackers, before he died, he asked the Pack Alpha to keep his spirit.   And that is who you met today on the road. The larger wolves that you guys saw today are different obviously.  My dad called them Spirit Wolves. That's about all I know, my folks were killed before they could tell me more."

"So what went on out there today?"

"My Grandad must have seen us together at some point. He wanted to make sure you're a worthy Mate. He was giving you his approval."

"How do you know that?"

"Because he told me! Please don't sit here and give me the third degree. I told you all of this earlier."

Xael looked away from him, she was not comfortable with his tone of questioning and it was starting to upset her.

"Hey baby, look at me." Xael eventually looked at him after a few seconds. Shado brought a hand up to her face, he gently caressed her cheek. "I don't want any secrets between us. Everything you just told me is...it's hard to believe Xael, but I'm trying to, okay?"

"I know."
{I'm sorry... I don't really like to talk about this.}

"What did you just do?!"

"You said no more secrets..." Xael just stared into his eyes.

"How can you link me already, we're not Mated yet."

"I don't need to be mated to you to link you. If I can link my pups and the wolves, I can link you." Xael broke her gaze with him again and was looking off to the side.

"Look at me..." Shado gently brought her face around to his.  He was trying to be patient with her.

 "What are you Xael?"

"I'm not telling you that now. Please..."

Shado let out a long but frustrated sigh. In a way she was right, now was not really the time for such a detailed, private and intimate talk.

"Fine, but when it's just the two of us-" Xael cut him off.

"I'll answer whatever questions you have when we are alone, I promise."  That statement finally pulled a smile out of him.

Shado pulled in her for a deep and this time passionate kiss.  Xael slowly pulled away.  Shado couldn't wait for the day that when he kissed her, she didn't pull away. For now he was happy with any closeness and affection he received from her. He pulled her back against him as she snuggled into him. They laid together quietly, just enjoying each other.

"Adam?"

"Yeah babe?" Shado shifted to get comfortable, but didn't let go of her.

"How come you never mention your parents?"

"Hmpf... I don't really have much to do with my mom. We were never that close. I saw my dad not too long ago. I called him the next morning after I met you actually. I told him; 'Dad! I met the most gorgeous woman I've ever seen.'  He wants to meet you when he gets back to the country."

"Really?"

"Of course! What about your parents Xael? I know they've passed. What was your dad and mom like?"

Xael grabbed her phone and showed him her wallpaper, it was a picture of them together. "My dad had a personality similar to Skylar's.  My mom...she was something. Strong and powerful, I remember she would always dance under the moonlight like a Goddess. Some nights she would take me with her to their 'secret' spot. She was a Rogue, but never talked about her life before she met my dad."

"How'd they die?"

Xael sat up to look at him. Plus lying down was starting to make her sleepy.  "You know Adam, I don't really know, I was just a little kid when they died.  I have a feeling they knew something would happen. They wrote me letters and left things for me before they took a trip to the city. That's where they were killed. The police never found out what happened."

There was some silence between the two, Xael cleared her throat. "They would have really liked you. Just like Grams does."

Shado started to chuckle.

"What's so funny?"

"Actually, your Grams helped me meet you."

"I know! Her and half the frickin' town!"

Shado thought he would be cute and try to tickle her around the sides.  Xael sat there and looked at him bewildered.

"What are you doing?"

"Uhh tickling you..."

"I'm not ticklish."

"Well you're no fun!"

"Oh shut up and cuddle with me!"

Xael was fidgety so cuddling was pointless. As they laid there, Xael kept asking random questions that Shado was happy to answer. He did the same to her.  But Xael wanted to get started on the meat for the grill so they finally got up.