Awkward Conversation*

After a heavy sigh, Shado reluctantly dialed the number.

"Shado?"

"Hey Chief."

"What's going on? You should be bonding with your Mate."

"That's why I'm calling. You got a minute? I... I need your help again."

"Uh sure, hold on, let me close my door."  After a few seconds Houser returned to his chair.

 "What's going on Adam?"

"I'm really sorry to bother you and this is awkward talking to you about, but Ms. Emma told me you could help."

"Okay... I'm listening."

"I had to use my Alpha voice on Xael again to get her to sleep. She...She keeps going into heat."

Houser couldn't help but laugh, it got the attention of some of the guys out on the office floor. "Sorry Adam. Yeah, it's common with Dire Omegas. Not having her mom around, Xael probably doesn't know what all to expect with the initial mating so just be patient with her."

"So what can we expect? She didn't mention any of what we've had to deal with when we talked earlier."

"Well, now that she's finally getting a restorative sleep, once she wakes any wounds that you caused her during mating will have healed. When she wakes up, she'll want to mate again, so...be ready. Dire Omegas have an extremely high sex drive."

"Yeah, she mentioned the sex drive bit."

"Also, if she bathes or showers, the water has to be hot, very hot. Cold or lukewarm water could sicken her. She can't have her body temperature lowered, so make sure she stays covered while she sleeps. She may have trouble keeping her body temp up once her heat finally ends."

"Ahhh...ok, now I see why she needs the water scalding hot."

"Yes, it also helps relax them. Let's see...what else. Don't get alarmed if she doesn't want to eat anything. Her body is reserving energy for healing and mating."

"She has some broth that she's been drinking."

"Good, make sure she has some after you mate again. Adam?"

"Yeah Chief?"

"You take good care of her. Omega Dires are very, very rare. Xael will be extremely vulnerable for the next week or so, she'll need you close to her. You may need to ask Wes for more time off, it just depends on how strong you are and how quickly she can heal."

"Understood, I have no intention of letting her out of my sight."

"Good, you let anything happen to her and you'll have the other guys to answer to. They got pretty attached to her, especially Max and Parker."

Shado laughed, he was glad. "Yeah, she's like that."

"Okay Adam, I think that's all I can tell you. When she wants to eat, she might eat a lot to get her strength back. I have a feeling she's pretty weak now."

"Yeah, she's still hasn't woken up yet."

"Well don't be surprised if she sleeps for the rest of the day. Look, you two take care. Stop back by and we'll all have lunch or something, I'm sure the guys would love to see you two again."

"Thank you Chief. Seriously, everyone has been such a big help."

"Not a problem, you take care of your Omega, you hear?"

"Yes sir."

Houser was right, Xael slept until around 6 that evening. Once she woke, she was in heat and wanting her Alpha. This time Xael was the dominant one. Their mating was strong and passionate.   Afterwards, Xael had another bath, but Shado just sat by the tub as the water was too much for him. As she rested her head on the side of the tub, he gently stroked her hair.

"I think I'm done with my heat for now."

"Oh thank God..." Shado caught himself but it was too late as Xael had burst out laughing at him.

"I'm sorry babe, hey at least you're able to keep up." Xael had to poke fun at him just a little. Shado leaned in for another kiss.

"I'll get your bandages ready."

"I don't need them anymore, I'm fine now."

"Are you sure?"

"Mn. Will you hand me a towel?" Xael was now able to move around without too much pain. This time she put on undies and a t-shirt. She saw her Mate frown. "What?"

Shado walked over to her and wrapped his arms around her waist, he nuzzled into her neck, letting out a low satisfied growl. "I miss having you practically naked."

"Don't worry, you'll be seeing a lot more of me."

"Promise." Shado couldn't stop nuzzling her, he found her scent absolutely divine. The Alpha was starting to excite her again and she was the one to growl this time.

"Uh, babe, you might want to stop that. Unless you're up for another round?"

Shado gave her a devilish look and slowly ran his tongue up her neck.

Xael eyes went red, but she was just being playful. "You asked for it.   Alpha!"

Another fresh round of love making and the two were spent but hungry. Xael reached for her undies as Shado had her stay in the bed while he heated up more broth for her. While she was asleep earlier, Ms. Ester had brought him plenty of food.

"You want more than just broth babe."

"No, this is fine, I'm still pretty tired." Finishing the soup, Xael sat the cup aside and reached for her tshirt, She was getting chilly and pulled the blankets around her as her Mate finished eating.

Done, Shado took the dishes to the sink and joined her in bed. He felt her shiver a little, but she moved closer to him.

"I'm chilly, Can I have one of your hoodys?"

"Sure babe." Shado grabbed her one from the closet and it was on in seconds, she hid her face in the sleeves and inhaled his scent. It immediately went through her, triggering her yet again. Shado rested his back against the headboard as she snuggled up to him, resting her back against his chest, he wrapped his arms around her waist. She was still shivering, but not because she was chilly.

"Xael? Why are shivering?"

She moved to face him and whimpered but wouldn't look at him as she removed the hoody she had just put on. Not only did she take the hoody off, but her shirt also, leaving her topless again.

"Xael...Talk to me baby."

Again came a whimper as she moved close to him and plastered herself against him, straddling him. His hands held onto her hips, he could tell by the increase in her scent and the heat radiating off of her.

"Xael..."

"I can't help it..." Her voice was small and timid. She was definitely an Omega at that moment. Shado chuckled at how adorable she was being.

"Xael?' She sighed and looked at him with big doe eyes, bitting her lower lip she began to moan and grind against him as her scent increased even more. Her breathing now labored.

"I'm in...I'm in heat again."

"Oh fuck me!  No wait!"

It was too late as Xael ripped what clothing they had on off.  The Omega went into heat 3 more times that night until she finally passed out from exhaustion.  Instead of one and done, Xael's heat had lasted for almost 4 days.

The Omega slept solidly until early Thursday morning.  Slowly she sat up and looked around the room. She had slept long and hard and was glad that her heat was truly done this time. But now she wanted food, real food. She raised her head and sniffed. She scented out her Grandma and Skylar all the way from the diner.

She looked over and saw Shado fast asleep, but she needed him awake.