Welcome

The week that the Pups were about to arrive, Adam was on edge the entire time. Every whimper or sound coming from the bedroom where Xael was resting, he was there in seconds to check on her.

The Elders had to laugh at him. Here was the intimidating Great Alpha and he was behaving like a nervous mother hen where his Mate was concerned. Even though Alphas were protective of their Omegas during their pregnancies, Adam was over the top and they just let him be that way. Occasionally at night, Adam would catch Xael healing him in turn. All he had to do was gently snarl at her and she stopped, but not before giving him a quick kiss and a giggle.

During that time, everyone noticed the presence of the Wild Ones just beyond the tree line. Great Grams was the first to say something as she had been out early one morning doing her sunrise prayers when she thought she caught a glimpse of her beloved Taza down the sweat lodge trail.

Adam had gotten so protective that the rest of the guys stayed away for now. Ms. Emma, who had stopped at the diner one morning with the other Elders to give the soon to be parents some space, let the guys know it was all natural.  Adam as a first time dad would relax after the Pups arrived, Xael still wasn't out of the woods just yet.

The Elder Shado had finally made it out to Grandma's house. He had planned on being out there for a few weeks and wanted to make sure things were taken care of at home and work. Adam had been back in the bedroom with Xael when he got there and had linked his dad that he would be out in a bit. Once Xael had settled down, Adam went out to his dad and gave him a hug then he needed to go out for some hunting.

His dad decided to join him, it had been years since the two of them shifted and hunted together but it had also been years since the two of them were on tribal land together and had the time to do so. Adam and his dad got a couple of rabbits for dinner which Grandma Ella and Emma said they would cook. Making it to the back deck, the father and son shifted back to human form and rinsed off in the outdoor shower. The chill air felt good on their wet skin. Dressed in sweats and tshirt, Adam carried the game into the house and placed the cleaned rabbit carcasses in the sink.

Dinner was rabbit stew, mashed potatoes and green beans. Adam had helped Xael to the table to eat but she only ate a small portion of the potatoes and turned her nose up at the rabbit. She was definitely getting close to delivering; her not wanting food was a sure sign. The Elders gathered in the living room while Adam's dad went to the back deck for some father son time where he started a small fire in the fire pit. Tank and Dozer were sprawled out in the living room getting plenty of belly rubs. Adam wanted to check on Xael briefly after she had gone to lay down during dinner. She was still zonked out and had kicked the blankets off of her. The Alpha covered her with just the sheet and gave her a quick nuzzle. Heading to the back deck, Adam grabbed a couple of beers from the fridge for him and his dad.

Without saying anything, Adam took a seat next to his dad and handed him the ice cold beer. Neither spoke as they popped the tops and took a healthy chug. After a few moments of silence, The Elder Shado finally spoke.

"I'm proud of you son."

"Hm, thanks dad, I surprise myself sometimes.  Never thought I'd be at this point in my life.  An Omega about to have twins, me being a sheriff, not living in the city, my own home; thanks to you."

"Of course, of course." The elder Shado took a minute before continuing. "I heard from Sharon."

"I'm not surprised."

"Yeah. She is definitely not the person I mated."

"She didn't hassle you did she?"

"No, she tired believe me. So how long the Council give you off from work?"