Momma

After breakfast, Xael called for her pups. A few minutes passed and they were running from the woods, tails wagging.

"Silly boys. I know. Let's go!"

Inside, they waited for their paws to be cleaned. Again Xael got emotional as this would be the last time she would clean their paws and the last time they would be in Grandma's house. She quickly gathered herself and went to the living room where the others were sitting. Xael went to the bedroom and gathered their things and sat them by the front door. She joined Adam and Skylar on the couch, resting her head on Skylar's shoulder. He too could sense how emotional she was and kissed her on the head.

"You two can come by whenever."

"We will Pup."

"Mn."

Adam stood up and stretched, Xael catching a whiff of his scent she inadvertently growled then chuckled.

{Goofball!}

{Stinky Alpha}

"Let's go you!"

"See you guys in a bit Grammy."

"Okay dear."

Walking outside, her Pups were sitting by the jeep but staring off into the treeline. Xael already knew the others were there. In the back seat they went as Adam started up the vehicle.

"Ready for the party babe?"

"Yes! It's going to be so nice having everyone together. Like one large blended family."

"Yeah, I'm just amazed that my great grams is going to be there."

"No kidding!"

By the time they reached the paved road, Xael had fallen silent again. She glanced back at her boys as they were both sitting up looking out the windows into the trees. Xael could smell them also and wouldn't be surprised if they hung around their cabin.

Making it into town, people were out and about enjoying the nice day. Right now Xael just wanted to get home and get started on preparing the food.

"Ah! We need more chairs!"

"I'll get ahold of Skylar when we get home."

"Okay." Xael let out a long sigh.

Adam glanced over to her and saw a tear that she quickly wiped away.

"What is it babe? Talk to me."

"I'm letting them go tonight."

Gunner put a paw on her shoulder as Adam gently took her hand.

{Gunner}

{Gunner}

"I'll be fine. It's just... their my babies." Xael was trying again not to get choked up.