Closure

The closer they got to the precinct, the quieter they became. Xael reached over to hold her Grandmother's hand.

"Are you going to be okay Grammy?"

"I'll be fine dear. It's just...I never thought this day would come."

"I know, me either."

As Xael pulled into a visitor's spot, she saw her mom's parents standing by the entrance, waiting for them. With the vehicle off, Xael turned to her Grams.

"Ready?"

"Oh yes!"

"Good! My other Grandparents are here, they're at the door."  Xael got out and went to her Gram's side to help her out since the Jeep was so high off the ground. Walking up the stairs Charles and Ella approached them. Both ladies embraced each other in a hug without having to say anything.  Xael gave her Grandad a hug as the women exchanged glances.

"Grams, Charles and Ella Stevens. Charles and Ms. Ella, this is my Grandmother Emma Red Wolf."

They all exchanged hugs and went in together, Xael leading the way. She walked up to the front desk, a familiar face smiling at her.

"Hey Gary!"

"Well if it isn't the beautiful one with grey eyes. What can I do for you today my dear?"

"We have an appointment on the third floor."

Gray gave her troubled look as he knew that's were the homicide detectives were. Xael smiled at him as he handed them their visitor badges. He couldn't help but wonder.

"Everything okay, Xael?"

"Yeah. We're good." The others also smiled at him as they made their way to the elevator. Ms. Ella and Emma bonded almost instantly, the two holding hands.

"It's okay Emma, me and Charles had met with the detectives before hand. They're very kind and respectful."

"Oh thank you Ella. It's just...I've waited so long to learn what happened to them."

"I know. I will warn you that some of what they told us was disturbing, but you can handle it." Both women exchanged smiles as the elevator opened. Xael saw a much needed and familiar face.

"Cheif!!"

She was instantly in his arms surprising the others.

"Thank you so much for coming!."

"Of course Pup!" Chief Houser looked over to the others.

"Ms. Emma, good to see you again, I wish it was for better reasons." The two exchanged hugs with Ms. Emma patting him on the shoulder. Xael introduced the Chief to her mom's parents and the all headed inside to the detectives.

Two of the Detectives were already waiting for them when they entered and directed them to a private room. Xael had her Grams take one of the seats as she stood behind her, her hands gently on her shoulders helping ease her tension.

The Detectives, who were also Wolfen, thanked them for coming out and got straight to it. Ms. Emma and Xael learned that the ones initially responsible for her parents death had been killed for what they did by their pack Elders. They had considered the crimes a betrayal of their species. The attackers had found out from a still unknown source that Oya Stevens, Xael's mom, was a very strong and powerful Dire Alpha female. They wanted her to breed other strong Wolfen. The attackers had also learned of Xael's existence and offered to buy her for a very hefty sum.