Lost in the Woods

Skylar was upset with himself that he'd lost track of Adam. Emma let him in on a little secret.

"Let me guess dear, it got too dark to see anything in the woods and the sounds of the forest drowned out the link?"

"How d'you know!?"

"It was no accident that you two got separated, the wolves did that."

"What?"

"Past the treeline, that's the Spirit Wolf territory.   I thought you knew that!?"

"Really? No, I didn't know that. Why would they separate us?"

"My guess is they wanted to talk to Adam; alone."

"Unbelievable."

Adam sniffed to see if he could pick up Skylars scent when Ja'an appeared before him, startling him.

{Don't worry young Alpha, I'm not here to harm you.}

{Sorry, I'm still not used to you guys}

{I have one thing to tell you that I didn't have a chance to the other day. You, True Alpha, have the ability to heal Xael.}

{I do?}

{Oh yes, you two are a bonded pair and with her being a hybrid and you a True Alpha, you can heal her}

{How?}

{Take what you feel for her and channel that. Imagine it being a loving and warm energy. Place your hand on whatever part of her you want to heal and channel that energy there}

{Wow...How long will it take?}

{Patience young Alpha, it will take time, but don't give up. She's coming}

Adam turned to see a large black shape move out from the trees and into the small clearing he was in.  Xael didn't say anything to him as she walked up to the large white wolf.  Xael lowered her head and nuzzled into the wolf who did the same to her.

{Hello Grandmother}

{Hello my child, come for your Alpha?}

{Yes, thank you for looking after him}

{Of course dear, he's family now.}

Her Grandmother returned to the forest as Xael approached her Mate. The two nuzzling into each other.

{Sorry I got lost babe}

{You didn't get lost, she talked to you, didn't she?}

{Yeah.. she tol-}

{Eh! No. Don't tell me. What she told you was meant for you}

{Now I know where you get it from...}

{Oh hush, let's head back, Skylar's worried about you}

Xael walked slowly next to Adam so he would know how to get out of the forest. Once near the sweat lodge, she began to trot. She was getting hungry. Reaching the back steps, Adam looked to make sure no one was there. They quickly switched back into their human form and grabbed their robes.

"Adam!? You okay son?"

"I'm fine...I think me getting separated was on purpose."

"Told ya!" Ms. Emma started laughing as they sat down at the table. Grams had just finished making the sandwiches, everyone getting two of them.  Xael inhaled hers as shifting had given her an appetite. Her pups were back in the favorite spot, the couch.  Xael rested her head on Adam's shoulder as they finished eating. Skylar wanted to make sure Adam felt comfortable being out in the woods after his run in with the others.   Adam was fine with it.