She's so Special

"Quick! Let's get her inside!" The Elder was so excited. She opened the door and whistled for her two pups to get in which they did but waited and pranced for the bundle that Adam was holding to make it inside.

"Sit! Sit! She sure knows how to make an entrance! Thank you! I haven't had that much excitement in years." Grandma Shado chuckled and plopped into her chair. Adam kept Xael in his arms as he sat on the couch. His dad retrieved a chair from the dining room. Adam wasn't too worried, a part of him knew she just needed to rest and that he needed to stay near her. His Grandmother's dogs stayed near him, more like they stayed near Xael. The three just sat looking at each other, trying to digest what all happened. The Elder was the first to speak.

"It's so good to see both of you! Especially you Adam and thank you for bringing such a special gift."

Adam was gently rubbing his Omega's back to help her. She slowly began to move, but didn't wake. Shado's dad was keeping his distance from the Dire.   Adam could tell he was leary of her.

"It's okay dad.  Xael considers you family, she'd never harm you."

"That's good to know!" he gave a nervous laugh but still wanted some space between him and her. Turning to his Grandmother, the older Shado cleared his throat. Now he was wanting answers, not to mention he had questions. "Grandma, have you ever seen anything like that?"

"No, no one has. Dires are usually very secretive and only expose themselves to family. But she is NOT a Dire."

Both Alphas looked at each other.  Adam was confused beyond words.

"Wait..what do you mean she's not a Dire?" Xael whimpered at the loudness of his voice. He nuzzled her and increased his pheromones to calm her down even further.

"I honestly don't know what she is. Granted, she has Dire traits, but what happened out there today. No Dire can do that and her eyes...Those are not natural Dire eyes either."

"Wait, none of this makes sense." Adam needed to put Xael somewhere else so he stood and laid her on the rest of the couch so he could sit next to her. Once seated, Xael instinctively moved over to him and rested her head on his lap. The pups on the floor quickly gave her their attention.

"See! See how attentive my pups are towards her. It's like they are protecting their own. And that pack Alpha...that was NOT a wolf, was it Adam?"

The Elder Shado and Grandmother both looked at him.  Adam ran his hands through his hair, before he could answer, one of the pups jumped on the couch and whimpered. Suddenly Xael's ears popped up through her hair as her tail shot out from under the blanket. Adam's dad jumped up from his seat. His movement was so quick that his chair crashed to the floor. Xael was now awake and terrified. She yelped and instantly plastered against her Alpha with her back to the others in the room. She was shaking slightly.

"Hey, you're okay babe, you're okay." Adam kept his voice soft. Xael looked up at him, her grey/blue eyes were back but filled with fear.  Adam's dad's scent was frightening her.  Xael's ears were pinned against her head, showing her fear as her tail wrapped around her.  The other dog hopped on the couch as well and laid down by her, his head resting on her.  Xael reached out her hand and quickly touched him. Adam already knew his Omega was shut down and wouldn't talk or look at anyone, especially in her highly vulnerable state.

{Sorry Adam, my wolf is weak and all over the place. She's not used to your dad, plus he's upset}

{What do you need me to do babe?}

{Just hold me, and release your scent. I'll be fine in a few minutes. My ears and tail will go away also}

"Ah Grandson sit down! You're scaring her!"