WTF!

Xael gathered their things, packed them up and made the bed. It was going to take a lot for her to keep things secret. This was the most important change, news whatever you wanted to call it but she also wanted to make sure that the pups growing within her would make it to their first month.

Walking into the living room, she saw where Adam had added more wood to the fire. That would be enough wood since they would all be leaving later that morning. Xael headed into the kitchen to start on coffee when Adam opened the back door.

"Babe, you need to come out here."

His tone worried her as she hurried to see what was going on. It was Moose and Gunner along with their Mates. The little pups were all over them which caused Xael to smile. She wasted no time in giving her boys a hug. They were all getting ready to head out and wanted to see their pups before they left since they were so close. Xael was glad that they did even though they didn't stay long. Kisses and more hugs and her boys left with their Mates, the pups not even phased by their leaving as they returned to her side.

Again Xael was hit with a flood of emotions but she put them in check, she had done enough crying for one day. Each time her boys left, it was getting a little easier for her to let them go.

"Let's get inside, coffee should be done hon."

"You going to be okay?"

"Yes, I'll be fine hon."

Entering the house, Grams was getting coffee mugs.

"Morning you two, make that four!" Upon seeing the Elder, the pups ran up to her for pets. "Aww good morning little ones!"

"Adam you want to ride into town together since we're both stopping at the station?"

"Sounds good?"

"You working today?" It was the first of Xael hearing about him going into work.

"No, just want to stop by and see how things are going, plus I need to order new uniforms."

"Ohhh, hey will you get ahold of Chris and Eli? They can get started on the windows."

"I was thinking the same thing."

As everyone had a seat, Xael poured them some fresh coffee.

"Oh Pup? There's a ton of biscuits and sausage gravy in the fridge. You can fix that."

"Okay, I'll add some scrambled eggs to the mix."

"Thank you dear."

"No problem Grams."

The pups were busy climbing all over Grams and Skylar. "Hey Puppers, I thought of names for the little ones. Tank and Dozer."

"Ha hahahaa, that's perfect!"

"The black one is Tank and the tan one Dozer cause these are going to be some biiiig boys."

"Wes is right dear, these two are going to be a handful!"

"They'll be fine once they get out of their puppy stage."

While Xael fixed breakfast, they talked about their plans for the day. Adam wanted to get more wood chopped and split. He had seen some downed trees near their cabin that he wanted to get cleared. Xael was going to work on getting things organized, dog food made and working on stuff for the diner. She was now glad that James was coming to take her place as head cook. With twins on the way, her time there would be limited.

Twins.

It finally hit. She was pregnant and pregnant with twins. Xael didn't care what she was having as long as they were healthy. She gazed out the window over the sink as she let the reality of things sink in some more.