Father-in-Law

"Are you nervous?"

"No, not really." She looked over at him and the two shared a quick smile. Xael changed out of the hoody and into the cardigan, which is what she had planned on wearing to meet his dad.

"Xael, babe..."

"I'm not wearing a hoody to meet your dad! You'll just have to deal with my scent being detectable Adam, there's nothing I can do about it."

"Fine. You do not leave my side."

"I won't. Where are we going to eat?"

"Some Korean BBQ place. We're almost there."

They arrived at the restaurant which was busy with a line out the door. Shado called his dad to see if he was there and he was. He already had a table. Taking one look at the long line, Xael looked at her mate

"I am sticking to you like frickin' glue."

"Yes you are baby, let's go and get to the table."

Xael got out of the jeep and stood right by the door as she waited for Shado to get to her. She immediately clung to him, keeping her head slightly lowered so she wouldn't attract too much attention with her eyes. Luckily while at Target most didn't pay much attention to them or her. Nearing the entrance to the restaurant, Xael could feel the eyes on her. Shado confidently led her into the restaurant, bypassing the waiting line. One woman, grabbed Xael as she was upset that she walked in without waiting. Xael quickly turned and snarled at her. Shado turned and growled also, causing everyone to back up. He continued inside and quickly found his dad.

"Adam!"

"Hey dad!" Xael was standing by him, head still lowered.

"Is this the Mate you were telling me about?"

"Dad, Xael Thunder Wolf." Xael looked up at him and smiled. The older Alpha froze seeing the beautiful creature before him. Xael was uncomfortable with the attention and looked over to her Mate.

"Sorry dear, I don't mean to stare, it's just. God your beautiful."

"Uh...Thanks." Xael quickly took a seat in the booth, her dog tags making their way out of her shirt, but she didn't pay it much attention. The staring from the Alpha made her a little uneasy.

{Adam he keeps staring at me}

"Uh dad, you're making her uncomfortable."

"I'm sorry Xael, it just...let's sit. The food will be here shortly."

"It's okay." Xael looked at him again and smiled.

"So are those eyes natural or contacts?"

"Natural."

"I see. So Adam, how did you meet this beauty."

"On the side of the road." Xael poked at him. Their waiter started to approach. Xael immediately growled and hid behind Shado's shoulder, her arms wrapping around his arm. It startled the two males she was sitting with.

{What's wrong baby?}

{The waiter's going into rut}

Shado almost choked on the water he was drinking.

"What's wrong Adam?" His dad was getting worried.

"I'll tell you later, she's fine."

"Hi, can I get you two something to drink other than water?" Shado knew from the incident in the diner that Xael wouldn't talk. Not only was she no longer talking, but she inadvertently growled again. The Elder Shado quickly took notice. He didn't say anything as he had his own suspicions about his son's new Mate.