Give Me Your Hand

Saturday was a fairly easy day at the diner, they just served breakfast and Sunday they would be closed. Adam had the day off and Max and Parker were taking care of things at the station on their own. Grams and Skylar had stayed home this morning to work on things around the cabin. Adam rode in with Xael so he could pick up his bronco and to have breakfast. Max and Parker were at the diner bright and early after they learned they got their meals for free at the diner while on duty.

Work day over, Xael paid James for the week and the following week to help him get things that he needed. He protested but she insisted and shoved the envelope of money at him before leaving for the day.  She made sure to visit her Alpha before heading home and picked up the pups.  They had gotten used to going into the station with Adam.

Home and with some time to do stuff around the house, Xael busied herself with putting away the food they had canned earlier. She had just shoved them off to the side on the dinning table to deal with later. She also organized the pantry and cabinets. While she did that, Adam had come home and started working on laundry and chopping more wood for the coming winter.

Towards the evening, things quieted down. They would sleep in their bed tonight since the back of the cabin was warm. Xael put the pup's bed in there but already knew they would end up in the bed with them.

Trying to sleep, Xael was restless.  Adam was already in a deep sleep from chopping wood most of the day and the pups were also since they stayed outside with him, ripping and running all over the back yard.  Sure enough they ended up in the bed thanks to Adam. She figured a nice hot shower would help relax her. Showering, there was no denying that she was definitely pregnant and the baby bump was no longer something that could be hidden.  Xael placed a hand on her stomach and smiled, the new life within her was something she never thought would happen. But it had, thanks to her strong and loving Alpha and his ability to heal her. She put on her undies and one of Adam's tshirts and returned to the room, only to stand in the doorway, enjoying the view.

Sensing coldness on her side of the bed, Adam awoke to find his Omega standing there watching him.

"Xael, you okay babe?"

She didn't say anything as she walked over to his side of the bed. The pups were curled up next to him, fast asleep. As she sat next to him, she nuzzled into him deeply and let out a sigh. The first rays of morning light began to stream into their room. Xael turned to look, catching a brief glimpse of the sunrise she turned back to her Mate, smiling loving at him.

Xael gently took his hand and placed it on her stomach. The beautiful gold in her eyes sparkling, tears started to well up.

"Xael, baby what is it?!"

"Adam..."

The Alpha looked worriedly at his Mate as he searched her eyes for a response.

"...I'm pregnant."

Adam couldn't speak. He couldn't speak nor move in that moment as he looked into his Omega's eyes. Wetness flowed down his cheeks as her delicate hands came up to wipe away the Alpha's tears.

"Wait...What did you say..."

"I said I'm pregnant Ad-." Xael was immediately wrapped in a tight hug, the Alpha's body shaking as he cried out of happiness. He held her for what seemed like ages.

"Are you serious Xael? I thought you couldn't?!"

"I couldn't, but you, my strong and loving Great Alpha. You healed me Adam. You healed me."