Changes

Dinner was simple yet delicious and Adam's appetite had indeed grown as he finished off what was left in the pot. The pups even got a special treat of deer meat that Grams had sat aside for them from the stew. Xael would have to mix them up something to eat tomorrow. Now that she had shifted back to normal, she could return to work. But tomorrow was Wednesday and that meant a day off because the diner was closed. While Adam and Skylar were outside talking, Adam asked if Skylar would mind staying an extra day at the station. There were some things he needed to get done around the cabin and he wanted Chris and Eli to get started on the windows. Skylar was fine with it as he had been wanting to talk to Beau one on one.

Ms. Emma was going to spend the day with Xael out at their cabin helping them get ready for winter. Xael knew most of what needed to be done, but was always open to and welcomed advice from her Grams.

Kitchen cleaned, the guys brought in wood to fill up the wood bin and put more on the small covered section of the back porch so it was easier to get to. Ms. Emma put a pot of coffee on and Xael got their room ready, she had Adam take the pups out one last time for the night. The little ones would sleep in the bed with them while they were still little and needing their bonding time.  While Xael was back in the bedroom, she was hit with another dizzy spell that was followed by a stomach cramp. Not wanting to worry those in the house, she linked her Wolf Grandmother, hoping they were still in the area.

She was. The pack had stopped for the night in the woods near the sweat lodge. Xael asked if it was okay for her to come there as she wanted to talk to her. Ja'an would link her when she was able to get some private time. Xael thanked her and returned to the living room.

Everyone gathered by the fire, the Elders in their chairs and the young couple on the floor with the pups. They sat and talked for another two hours with the pups, who now had warmed up to the Elders, sitting in each of their laps enjoying pets. But it was getting late and there was a lot to do tomorrow so it was time to call it a night. The fire was still going as the night was chilly and it was the only source of heat other than the electric space heaters which Ms. Emma didn't like to use.

The pups were positioned in between them which probably wasn't such a good idea. Once the little ones got comfortable and fell asleep, they sprawled all over the place. At one point Adam even ended up with a paw dangerously close to one of his eyes, but they didn't care. Skylar was worried that they would whine and cry during the night for their natural mothers but they didn't.

Xael was just about to fall into a deep sleep when her other Grandmother linked her that she was free. Xael adjusted her scent to make sure Adam and the pups didn't wake.  Another plus of being an Omega. Out of the bed, Xael crept to the bathroom to change out of her clothes and put on one of the bath robes. Walking into the main portion of the large cabin, Skylar was up tending to the fire.

"You okay Puppers?"

"Yeah, going for a quick run, I'll be right back, don't lock me out."

"You be careful out there."

"I will."

Skylar went back to tending the fire as Xael made it quietly outside on the back deck. Robe placed on the railing, She shifted but stumbled when another cramp hit her out of nowhere. Shaking it off, she flashed her Grandmother to locate her and took off into the crisp night. Even though Xael's wolf was massive, she hardly made a sound as she ran into the dense forest. She surprised a couple of bunnies but they were not her main focus.

Soon she was stopped by the pack's Alpha guards. Xael approached them with her head lowered as a sign of respect and trotted right up to Taza who was also in his wolf form. The two shared a tender nuzzle then he allowed her to pass. The glow of a warm fire came into view as did her Grandparents. Sitting by the fire in human form, there was a robe waiting for Xael. She shifted and wrapped the garment around her and joined them in front of the fire. Xael looked around to see if her boys were nearby but they weren't.