Making Plans #2

Back at the apartment, the pups took up spots at the foot of the bed on the floor as Xael changed the bedding. The old sheets went into the washer. She placed an extra blanket on the end of the bed for the pups to lay on.

"Ah! Dog beds!" Xael went over to Adam's desk and dug around for paper and pencil to start on a list. Dog beds took the number one position. Bed made, the pups jumped on it without hesitation, laying on the comfy blanket their momma had put out for them. Seeing how it was early evening, Xael went to take a quick shower. Soon she felt strong hands snaking around her as Adam kissed her Mate mark. She turned around in his arms for a much needed and passionate kiss, which of course led to lovemaking in the shower. Adam had so missed their tender and intimate moments from when they first mated. They were in the shower for so long that they used up all the hot water.

Shower finished Xael put on just her robe as Adam put on shorts and a shirt to head down to the pizza place.

"You want anything special?"

Xael was once again in his arms. "No, whatever's quick. Will you grab me a mountain dew?"

"Yup." Kiss and he was off. Xael changed into one of his tshirts and a pair of undies. She put on a movie and returned to the list for their trip into the city tomorrow. Sensing him coming up the stairs, Xael got up and opened the door for him. He sat the steaming hot pizza's on the counter. Xael fixed up their plates as Adam set up some tv trays.

"Where'd you get those from?"

"From them under the bed, I forgot I had them."

They inhaled the pizza then got busy on creating a list after getting settled in bed. Adam wanted a grill, an outside fire pit and nice patio furniture. Xael added curtains and air mattresses for when they had guests over. Adam didn't like that idea of air mattresses and instead wanted to make another trip to Ikea for a daybed or simple futon. Other than that, they were good on furniture. Knowing that Xael would be going into heat soon, Adam wanted to get moved over to the cabin as quickly as possible. Xael couldn't agree more.

Adam called up the guys from the next town to see if they could fill in for tomorrow. He didn't think Beau should try and work since he wasn't feeling well. Two of them were available and that was all he needed. Adam texted Beau to stay home and rest, then Skylar to use his truck. Skylar texted right back that the keys were already in it.

"Hey babe?"

"Hm?" Xael was finalizing the list. "Will you take me out to Grams? Skylar said we could use his truck. I want to head out in the morning for the city."

"Okay...but I can't get that close to the house. Their bonding scent will make me sick."

"That's fine."

The pups had played hard so they weren't going to move. Xael put on some shorts and they headed out to pick up the truck. Xael drove as close to the house as she could get. She got out and let Adam drive the rest of the way so he could leave her jeep there. They didn't want to leave them without a vehicle.

Truck acquired, he picked her up and they drove back into town. Adam had been a little uneasy with how the truck was handling. "Skylar's truck is running a little hot."

"Yeah, it needs a new radiator. We can get it replaced and go have lunch somewhere while we're in the city. A thank you for letting us borrow it. I'm sure my brothers would love to join us."

"Ohhhh, that's a good idea."

Arriving at the apartment, the town was quieting down for the night as the sky darkened. Adam walked over to open Xael's door. "Let's get inside and get to bed early. I need to go in for a little bit to go over some things with the guys."