Friday #1*

Friday arrived and Xael was excited for her brothers to get here.  All the guys would be getting off work early and planned to meet at the diner around two in the afternoon.

Xael's brothers got to the diner right at 1 o'clock.  Ms. Emma fixed them some lunch along with dessert and sat to talk to them while Xael finished cleaning the kitchen.  Coming up to the front, Xael saw them and gave them both huge hugs. They were the only ones in the dinner as Ms. Vicki and Ester left a little bit ago since it was so slow. Ms. Emma shut off the open sign and the four sat and enjoyed a good conversation. They told Emma of their time in the service and how the entire group became like a family. The two guys also let Ms. Emma know they had been raised in the city so they were never really exposed to the ceremonies and rarely went to any of the pow wows.

The Sheriff and Shado came by when they noticed the open sign was off. Emma let them know they had closed a little early since there were no customers. They all sat and talked while waiting for the others to arrive. Beau wasn't going to make as he and Vivi had made plans to spend the weekend together.   Xael had taken him a container of food earlier.

Eli and Chris had purchased plenty of tobacco for not only the pipe ceremony but lodge as well. They also brought a bunch of veggies and strawberries.

Shado let Skylar know that 2 more guys from his old squad were coming also. They were humans and non Native, so he shouldn't be surprised if they asked a ton of questions.

A little after 2, the other's arrived. Xael gave Chief Houser a hug and shook the hands of the others as she didn't really know them. Plus she liked the older Alpha, he was very sweet and kind. Everyone greeted each other and loaded back up in the cars and headed out. Xael and Shado in the lead car with Skylar and Grams bringing up the rear. Once they reached the cabin's driveway, Xael hopped out of the jeep and directed them where to park.

Everyone was amazed at the beautiful area they were staying in. Xael had the guys all wait outside, she needed to introduce her pups to those they didn't know so there would be no issues. Chris and Eli were fine as they were part of the 'pack' already. She went inside and leashed them, then brought them out.

The others were amazed at their size, a few even thought they were wolves but Xael let them know they were hybrids and also her service dogs. After the pups met everyone, Ms. Emma and Skylar warned the guys not to wander in the woods as there were wild wolves in the area and they would possibly attack. The 2 humans were a little nervous but Xael assured them they would be fine.  Chief Houser, Max, Parker were all Alphas. Ted and James were the two humans from Shado's old squad that wanted to take part in the ceremonies.

Rules for the land out of the way, Ms. Emma had them wait so she could smudge them before they entered her home. She told them she would explain the significance and answer any questions they had.   Xael offered to help her smudge the guys as Skylar and Shado took the food inside.   Before smudging, Xael unleashed her pups to let them run so they wouldn't be so on guard with the newcomers and would get somewhere and rest later on during the pipe ceremony. The guys from Shado's unit were amazed that she would let them run so freely if wild wolves were in the area. Xael explained they were mostly wolf and got along well with the wild ones. The men asked if they would see any of the wild ones while they were there and she let them know it was a possibility. If they did, they were to avoid them and not approach under any circumstance.

Food inside and men smudged, everyone gathered in the living room. The couch was for the Sheriff and Chief Houser as they were Elders, the rest could sit on the floor or chairs that they got from the kitchen. Shado placed his things in Xael's room and shut the door.  Xael and her Grandmother headed to the kitchen to start on dinner, luckily they had left the leaves in the table and there was enough space for everyone.