Like a Faerytale

Driving back, Xael was with her Mate in the back seat. The three were quiet as Shado's dad drove down the bumpy road. Xael could sense some of the wild wolves running with them off in the woods but felt it best not to say anything.

"It won't always be like this."

"Hm?' Adam looked over at her. "What do you mean Xael?"

"Sometimes my life is like a fairytale. If a unicorn showed up in front of us, I wouldn't be surprised."

"Let's not call forth anymore mystical creatures my dear."

"Sorry Mr. Shado."

He had to chuckle at her. She was right, her life is like a fairytale. "No worries Pup. How you feeling?"

"Tired, I'll be fine after I get some sleep."

"Adam, you stay close to her for the rest of the evening."

"I will dad."

"Xael my dear, you truly are something. Thank you for healing my Grandmother and Thank you for being my son's Mate."

"And Thank you Mr. Shado."

As they drove back to the city, Xael snuggled into her Mate, Adam wrapped his arm around her and pulled her in close. He always wanted her next to him and would never let her go. As they reached their vehicle at the restaurant, Xael had fallen asleep. Adam woke her up so they could go home. Before they left, Xael gave Adam's dad one more long hug. He reminded her to message him after they were done at the police station so they all could meet up for lunch.

As the couple drove back to town, Xael was fighting to stay awake. She didn't want to sleep in the vehicle anymore, she wanted a nice soft bed. Leaning back in her seat she exhaled and reached for her Mate's hand.

"I'll be glad when tomorrow is over and things can get back to normal. Well, as normal as possible."

"I know babe, it will."

"I hope so."

_____________________

Back at Grandma Shado's, she was searching in her room for a very old and special book. It was from her Grandmother and told of the different types of Wolfen. As she carefully flipped through the pages, she came across one entry that she hadn't noticed. It talked about special hybrids. It had hand drawn and colored pictures of the types of hybrid eyes and explained a little about them. The entry on hybrids was small because they were so rare. Hybrids had amazing healing abilities and they lived for an extremely long time. Their Mates lived longer also due to being in their healing energy. How long they could live was unknown. It did mention that female hybrids usually bore twins and were able to conceive pups much later in life unlike normal Wolfen due to their extended lifespans. They could also control if they wanted to conceive or not.

Grandma Shado closed the book and returned it to its special place. She clapped happily and returned to her chair. Turning on the tv, she tuned into an episode of Ancient Aliens. Off in the distance she heard a familiar and welcomed howl. Her pups returned the howl, causing her to giggle out of happiness. Taza indeed was still present.

_____________________

Pulling up to Adam's apartment, Xael was slow to get out of the vehicle. It had been a long and emotional day. As grateful as she was for all that had been revealed, she was over it. She just wanted a typical boring life. Wake up next to her mate, cook at the diner, spend time with family and friends and back with her mate and pups.