Surprises!!

Shado was the first one up. Glancing at his phone it was only 7 am and his Mate was still asleep. He was excited to spring his surprise on her and couldn't wait any longer. Shado gently started to shake her to get her to wake up. After a long stretch, Xael began to move and woke up, looking around the apartment. Her ears and tail had retracted during the night.

"What time is it?"

"7 in the morning."

Xael moved over and rubbed her nose on his shoulder. She scrunched her face after she noticed he was already dressed. She quickly got up and went to the bag of clothes she brought the other day and picked out something nice to wear. Not only was she meeting his dad again but an Old One so she was super excited. She showered and dressed in no time. Her hair braided in a french braid ponytail. She came out in black pants and a grey button up shirt.

"You look nice babe!"

"Thanks!" The two came together for a tender kiss. Xael staring into her Alpha's eyes. "I'm ready."

"Good, first I have a place to stop at, okay?"

"Mn!"

As the couple walked out into the early morning sunlight, they both inhaled deeply. Xael gave a quick glance around the street, seeing most of the town was still asleep. "Where are we going so early?"

"You'll see!" Shado opened the jeep door for her. Once they were both inside they started down the road towards their new home.  Xael sat and enjoyed the view, not saying anything until the jeep turned down the driveway.

"Are we supposed to meet Skylar and Grams?"

Putting the Jeep in park, Shado ignored her question as he exited the vehicle.  Walking around the front to her side and opening the door for her to get out,  Xael looked around then back at her Mate with a questioning look. Shado gently took her hand and led her to the front door. The door was left unlocked so they just walked in.  Xael stood next to Shado, unsure of what was going on. The Alpha turned to his Mate and wrapped her in a hug.

"Adam?"

He slowly pulled back, his eyes locked onto hers, he gave her another tender kiss.

"Welcome home Xael."

Xael just stared at him for about a minute, she wasn't sure she'd heard him correctly. "What - What did you just say?"

"I said welcome home. It's ours."

Xael screamed and jumped up to wrap her arms around Shado's neck. He spun her around, the two laughing out of their excitement.

"Are you serious? We just looked at it yesterday!"

"I know! After we left my dad, he got a hold of Skylar. He got it for us as a gift."

Xael was speechless as tears welled up in her eyes. She didn't know what to do or say. "Seriously?"

"Seriously."

She embraced him again, this time crying out of sheer happiness. The two embraced and looked around the cabin again. Opening every door, cabinet and drawer. They looked in every nook and cranny. Xael could not be any happier. She had found the perfect Mate and now, they had their own home. Shado looked like a kid in a candy store.   He was busy telling her what all he wanted to do to the place and what he wanted to get. Xael suggested that once she collected her pups and they had some down time that they made a list of what they wanted to purchase and what changes they wanted to make. There wasn't that much to change. Xael wanted a new kitchen sink and toilet, Shado wanted a different bed, one with drawers and he wanted to replace a few of the windows.