Things Change

Cleaned and refreshed, the couple put on robes and returned to the living room. Xael returned to the kitchen to finish making dinner as Adam started a fire and put fresh sheets down for their den.   Xael saw him being all Martha Stewart like and smiled.

"You like sleeping in front of the fire now, huh?"

"That, and other things."

"Filthy beast."

"Sexy Omega."

Fireplace den freshened and pillows fluffed, food was ready. It was just sandwiches and chips with tea for the beverage. Eating at the kitchen counter, Adam was still gazing at her.

"You're still staring at me Adam."

"Cause you're so stinking cute with those fluffy ears and tail!"

"Oh hush goldie."

"Your eyes are like mine too so you hush!"

Xael just scrunched her nose at him but soon let out a deep sigh.

"What?"

"Ja'an and the others will be back in the morning."

"Thank god!"

"I don't know, I kinda like your changes. Makes you all sexy and Alpha!"

"Oh so I wasn't before?"

"Now you're just being silly. You'll always be my sexy Alpha!"

"Oh really?"

"Mmhm!"

"Okay, sexy Omega."

Meal finished and dishes in the sink, Adam went to add more wood to the fire. It was chillier than the other night; fall was definitely coming quick. That's when it hit Xael.  She had forgotten all about her brothers. Searching for her phone she immediately called Eli.

"Hey! Sissaroo!"

"Hey Eli, I'm so sorry! I totally spaced off that you guys were moving here today. Did you get settled? Do you need anything?"

"Relax sis, Grams and Skylar got us all squared away. We were keeping our distance since you're...."

"Oh, ha ha ha! Yeah, I'll get the hang of this one day."

"No worries sis. We're good. Call us when we can come out to the cabin, we picked up the windows and patio door."

"Oh hold on let m-"

"I heard them babe." Adam was loving his heightened senses.

"Okay Eli, talk to you guys soon. Love ya."

"Love you too sis."

"Yeah babe, I spaced that off also with all that's going on."

"Mn."

Adam had moved their sleeping area closer to the couch and he was using it as a back rest. Before sitting down, Xael removed her robe. She still had some lovin' she wanted to partake in with a particularly sexy Alpha and he was all too willing to oblige her.

Final romp of the night over, she was exhausted as she curled up to him after a quick bathroom break.  With her tail wrapping around to shield her face, she slipped off to sleep.  Adam kissed and nuzzled her, soft purring coming from the half shifted Omega under the blankets. With his Mate sleeping peacefully next to him and safe in their cabin, he decided to call Skylar and Emma to fill them in on the non-visit from earlier in the day. He would also call his dad to see if perhaps Great-Grandmother had told him anything usual about his and Xael's 'condition'.