Healing & Understanding

Xael was up before anyone. She always felt better after Adam transferred energy to her while they slept. It helped to calm the Pups and ease her pain and discomfort. She quietly woke up the furry ones to take them out to potty. Standing on the back deck while the little wolves tussled around in the grass, a doe stepped out of the treeline.

"No." Xael only had to tell Tank and Dozer once and they went back to playing around in the chill morning. Puppy energy dissipated, they returned to their momma's side on the deck. Xael went back inside to get ready for the day. Sometime last night her Grams had washed and ironed Adam's uniform for him and it was now hanging on a hook by their bedroom.

Adam woke up to the sound of the shower going and the pups lazily playing on Xael's side of the bed. Sitting up, his Mate was exiting the bathroom, her robe slightly opened. Xael walked up to him and stood between his legs with Adam gently nuzzling  her stomach by opening up the robe.

"Morning Great Alpha."

"Morning, Great Luna. How did you sleep."

"Mmmn, Good." Xael was now embracing her Mate as they held each other, Xael gently caressing his long hair. "We should get ready hon."

"Mn. You going to be okay to work the diner today?"

"Yes." Xael lovingly nuzzled his forehead with her nose. "You working on me during the night really helps."

"Hey about last night, I'm going to try and get a hold of Beau."

"Good. I'm really worried about him Adam. Vivi is not healthy to be around."

"I don't doubt it. I'm going to see if he'll come back to town."

"Okay, I hope he does."

"We'll talk more tonight when we get home."

"Sounds good hon, I'm going to get dressed and put on some coffee. Your uniform's been washed and is in the bathroom."

"Thanks babe."

Coffee pot going, Xael gave the pups a little bit of meat left over for them from last night. Her Grams was the next one to wake up.

"How are you feeling Pup?"

"Better. That heating pad really helped, I'll pick one up in town today after work."

"If the diner gets to be too much, just let me know dear."

"No Grams, you've already put your time in there. I'm going to hire another waitress and see if Ester or Vicki will run the register when needed."

"Well I'm here if you need me."

"Thanks Gra-" This cramp brought Xael to her knees. Her hand Grasping onto the edge of the countertop to keep from falling to the floor completely, she tried to breathe through the pain as it shot through her lower back. Adam was there in seconds out of nowhere, scooping her off the floor before Grams even had a chance to reach her.

"That's it! You're staying here for the day." His booming voice caused the little ones to run for the safety of Grandma.

"Adam..." Xael was getting ready to argue but all he had to do was snarl at her, something he rarely did but he was serious.

"You are having cramps too often Xael. The pups are trying to tell you to rest."

"He's right dear. I'll call Ester and Vicki, they can both take care of the register for you."

Adam carried her back to the bedroom, the pups right behind him. With her in the bed, he picked the little ones up and placed them beside her. They were too little to jump up there themselves. Adam leaned down and brought their foreheads together.