Answers #1

Out the corner of their eyes, they could see wild wolves keeping their distance between the trees. Reaching another clearing, they were stopped by Taza and few of the other high ranking Alpha guards for the Spirit wolf pack. Despite the temperature, they were all wearing loin cloths. Standing in front of him, Adam was almost bigger than the Alpha and Taza was huge.   Xael felt it best to remain quiet and let the two males greet each other which they did with a simple nod.

"Hey little pup."

"Hi Uncle Taza."

"They are waiting for you two."

Adam nodded as did Taza and the two headed to a cave opening on the other side of the clearing. Sitting by a fire was Xael's wolf grandparents in their human form, their bodies covered in plain long linen gowns. Seeing her pups, Xael got on her knees as they ran over and greeted her. She couldn't help but get a little teary eyed at seeing her boys again. But this was not about Xael and her pups so she let them go and returned to Adam's side. Her Grandfather and Grandmother stood.

"Welcome. Great Alpha and Luna."

Adam froze as did Xael as the others bowed to them.

"I'm sorry, what did you say?" Adam wasn't sure he was hearing the Elder Alpha correctly and thought he was joking. Odd behavior for and Elder of such high status.

"You two heard me. You Adam, are a Great Alpha. I knew the moment I met you, how you didn't know is something you need to discuss with your parents." The Grandfather had a seat as Ja'an approached the couple. She kissed both of them on the forehead.

"You will need to return to your Great-Grandmother. She's just dying to tell you what you are needing and wanting to know along with answering your questions. But we wanted to be the ones to reveal your true status to you."

"So me using my 'I'm your Alpha healing energy' was all a joke?"

"No. I do not joke young Alpha. You tapping into the part of you that was dormant, brought you and Xael into your true states."

"I thought I was already in my true state Grandmother?"

"If Adam had been just a simple True Alpha, yes. Since he's a latent Great Alpha, no. Now, we need to leave for our winter hunting grounds. Return to your Great Grandmother, she has all the information you require." The Elder female Alpha kissed her granddaughter again and followed it up with a hug.

"Before you leave granddaughter, your boys have something for you." The Elder Alpha nodded to the two young pups.

Xael's boys came forward as did two female wolves. Each with a pup in it's jaws. They sat the squirming furballs at her feet. Xael looked at her boys with eyes full of tears again. Her pups let her know that the females were their mates and the pups were for her. One from each of them. She looked at her grandfather who smiled.

Her boys had found Mates a while ago, it was part of the reason they wanted to spend so much time outdoors with the wild ones. Xael grabbed her boys and hugged them. Gunner yelped at the unexpected and tight gesture. She was now full on crying, between sobs all you could hear was a heartfelt 'thank you'. Her boys knew their momma would take excellent care of their pups just as she had done with them so they weren't worried and neither were their Mates.

Xael also hugged their Mates, giving them plenty of thank you's and letting them know she would treat them like her own and protect them with her life.

With the emotional reunion over, the Alpha surprised everyone by hugging Adam. He thanked the Spirit Alpha and Luna respectfully with hugs as well.  Xael gave both of her Grandparents hugs which they were happy to return yet again. One more hug to her boys and she gently picked up the squirming bundles, holding them close, her tail helping to protect them from the chilly air. She let their mothers have one more nuzzle and told them they could see them whenever they wanted. Her home was now their home.