Welcome #2 - Learning the Ropes

**long chapter

Alone, Adam was plastered to Xael's side, each with a baby in their arms. Adam couldn't stop giving her kisses.

"God I love you."

"Love you too Alpha."

"How you feeling?"

"Exhausted."

Another kiss and more nuzzles for their babies. It helped the Pups recognize their parent's scents. Xael carefully maneuvered the Pup she was holding to remove a breast for their first feeding. The little one in her arms had no problem latching on as her large tail came up to help cover him. Adam looked on lovingly at the scene before him.

While the new mom and dad focused on their initial bonding time, the Granddads were tasked with burying the placentas/umbilical cords in the holes they had dug earlier. With the new parents sequestered into their room, the others were now allowed into the house.

With both Pups full from their first feeding, they were soon asleep. Being born was a taxing experience and they just wanted to rest as did their Momma.  Adam linked Great Grams and she quietly entered. She had Adam lay their Pups beside his Omega and Xael laid down next to them. They were safely swaddled so they would be fine. Xael's large tail immediately came from under the blanket to cover and shield her babies. Now that they had both initially bonded with their Pups, Xael needed time alone to heal and recover from giving birth. Tank and Dozer, who were now inside, came into the bedroom but laid down at the foot of the bed on the floor. Adam gave Xael a nuzzle and picked up his Pups.

Xael knew her babies were safe so there was no need for her to be on guard with them. Plus they were with their daddy. Adam and Great Grams left the room to let Xael rest; Adam wouldn't leave her for long and if she woke, the little ones would let him know. Sleeping babies out among the Pack, the Grannies all got first dibs on holding them and giving them kisses and nuzzles. It would help the babies establish the others as Pack members. After the Grannies, the Grandpas got to love on them, followed by Aunties, then the Uncles. That process took almost an hour and Adam returned to the bedroom with his Mate.

Adam gently laid the babies on the bed next to Xael, her tail coming up to cover them and keep them safe and warm; she never woke up but could tell her babies were there. Adam, laying down in front of her, moved close enough that he could place a hand on her waist, letting her know he was there also.

The new parents both rested with their newborns safely between them.

Adam woke to soft purring and the bed gently bouncing only to see Xael cradling one of their sons. Laying there, he just stared at her, her golden eyes sparkling away. She looked like she felt better and had more energy. Looking down at him, Xael gently ran her fingers through his hair as he raised up on one of his elbows. Adam looked between them at their other son and lovingly stroked his chubby cheek.

"Thank you Xael."

"Thank you Adam."

The babies were getting fussy and Xael let Adam know they needed to be changed and fed. Not wanting her out of the bed. Adam took on the task of changing his first diapers out of many. There was a makeshift changing table set up on a nearby dresser. Everything he needed was there; how he had missed that he didn't know. There was also a bassinet off to the side as well.

Now sitting up, Xael comforted both babies while Adam sought some sagely and diaper changing advice. With Grandma Ella in the RV, Adam went to wake Ms. Emma.