Prepping the Lodge*

Everyone surprisingly made it out to the cabin at the same time. The guys unloaded the stuff for the ladies from the jeep and took everything in the kitchen for them.  Grabbing something to drink, they headed to the lodge, Xael joined them just to see the area.  Her pups were busy chilling on the couch.  Shado walked next to her, but she still avoided his gaze and didn't really want to talk to him.  It's just how she was. 

Reaching the lodge area, Xael let out a little chuckle. It was a beautiful clearing where the sky could be seen clearly. The lodge was a decent size with canvas tarps draped over it.   Shado remained next to her with Skylar and Beau standing in front of them when the two reached the area. Skylar was going to speak when Xael raised her hand to stop him. She pointed into the tree line.

A huge doe and fawn was passing through the lodge area. "You're going to have a good lodge Sheriff!"  Xael finally spoke.

"Looks like it Pup! So your grandma tells me you're planning on dancing tomorrow at the pow wow?"

"Yes, just for a bit. You guys staying for dinner?"

"You cooking?" Beau was leaning on Shado's shoulder.

"Maybe..."  Xael turned and headed back towards the house.

"Hold on Xael, take Shado with you so he can bring back a thing of water for us."

"Okay."

Xael and the Deputy walked back towards the house.   Alone again, Shado thought it was the perfect time to try and get her to talk.

"So you grew up out here in all of this."

"Yeah, it was awesome.  There're all kinds of wildlife out here. You grow up on tribal land?"

Shado was shocked that she was actually engaging in a conversation and not single word responses. He looked over to her and smiled.

"You have a nice smile Deputy."

"So do you. To answer your question, not really. I spent most of my time in the city. My folks broke their Mate bond when I was young."

"What? Why would they do that?"

"They weren't True Mates, so it wasn't that bad."

"Oh."

"So will you dance at the pow wow to Deputy?"

"Yeah."

"Mn."

They finally made it back to the house, Xael led him into the kitchen for the container of water to take back for them to drink while they cleaned the lodge area. Ms. Emma's face lit up seeing the two enter together.

"And what are you two doing?"

"Uh... Getting them some water."  Xael knew the two were up to something, it was just too obvious. "What are you two cooking up?"

"Oh, nothing dear!"

"Sure Grammy."  Xael gave Shado a glare, then a smirk. "So is she your wing man?"

Shado had a shocked look on his face as Xael held him in her stare.  Xael shook her head as she went to find the extra large water jug for the guys in the back room.

"So how's it going Deputy?" Ms. Emma sneaked over to him and whispered, she was rooting for him all the way.

"I think she's warming up to me!"

"I can hear you guys, you know that right?"

"Ohhhh! You and your damn crazy super senses!"   Her grandma leaned against the table with a pout on her face.