The Work of Spirit

"Hey Xael, are you okay with stopping by the station after we pick up the truck?"

"Sure, I don't mind. It will be good to see the guys again!"

"Yeah. I'm trying to get Max and Parker on at the station."

Xael was jumping around and squealing more than the little kid. "Oh my gosh! That's so awesome!!!!"

Xael stopped dead in her tracks and had a look like the all life was about to drain out of her.

"Whoooooooa...what if Spirit is doing all of this?!"

"Earth to Xael. Earth to X-....Holy shit...I didn't even think about any of that!"

"We need to have a welcoming party to give thanks for all that's happening!"

"Okay now you sound like you're Grams, but your right."

"What about Ted and James?"

"I think Ted is going back to Montana and James, I'm not sure what he's going to do. Houser said he's over being a cop."

"Wow, I'm gonna miss those two."

"Yeah, their good guys."

"Crap!" Xael threw her hands up.

"What?"

"We need to hire someone for the dinner to replace Grams and to help me cook and stuff. God I can't believe I didn't even think of that!"

Adam walked up to her and gently held her face in his hands, he didn't care that others were watching them. "Relax babe, we don't have to do everything in a day. Baby steps."

"What about the guy that helped out before?"

"Oh hell no! I'd rather hire Strickland!"

"Come on dork butt!"

Reaching the auto shop it was packed, Xael was glad they got there first thing in the morning. Adam was surprised also. They both walked up to the counter. Thankfully the truck was finished with over $1400 worth of work. Xael and Adam split the cost. Now they could start their day.

Driving towards Adam's old station, the truck was driving smoothly.

"How's the truck driving?"

"Great! Skylar is going to like it."

"Yeah, I'm glad we got new brakes and tires, especially since he's going to be driving that Pass."

"No kidding. How did you guys manage that in the winter?"

"When we got more than 3 inches of snow, we didn't go anywhere, the town pretty much shuts down for winter. That's why I think it would be good to have regular tour groups. That way the store owners can save up a 'cushion' for the months that we're closed. Sometime in the fall I need to take my jeep in to get it serviced and new tires on it. We can drive that into town once the snow starts."

"Okay, man this truck drives so much better. Feels like they did an alignment on it also."

"Let me check." Xael looked over the receipt. Alignment was included as part of a special since they got new brakes and tires. "Oooo they did the alignment for free since we did tires and brakes."

"Good! I'll have to bring the bronco up here also. I know there's a shop in town but they only do light work and tires."

"Yeah. Why are we stopping by the station?"

"Oh, I want to talk to Max and Parker before they get jobs someplace else."

"Ah! Good idea!"

Pulling up to the station it was busy with activity. "Stay close babe."