Pow Wow ~ Arrival*

{*edited}

**NOTE: I do not own any of the pictures. They are included to give a visual of the characters regalia/dress. Different styles/dances from different tribal regions are mixed in during the pow wow chapters. {..and yes I've been to pow wows many times so I have a little experience with them.}

The day of the pow wow was finally here.  Xael was up at her usual hour so she had let the pups out to run, this time, till they were ready to go. That way they would find a spot and rest instead of being full of energy.  Xael decided to bring them as being around huge crowds poked at her PTSD. She made sure their service vests were ready and put on the neon 'Service Dog' patches so people wouldn't try to pet them.

Xael had set her outfit out the night before. It was beautiful.  Off white buckskin dress with fringes that her uncle had made for her, and it still fit. Her regalia and shawl are what made it stand out. The designs were both Native and African, tying her two cultures together. Her long thick hair was braided into side braids and the tails of the braids were wrapped and adorned, she would add the feathers to her hair once they got there.  Her eagle feather fan, along with other regalia, she would keep in it's case until they arrived as well.

Walking out into the living room, her grandmother's face glowed with happiness at seeing her granddaughter dressed for the pow wow.

"Oh Xael! You don't know how happy I am to see you in your dress. Can't wait to see you dance!  Oh, guess what?  Viviene is coming!"

"Oh my gosh!! Maybe we can dance together like we used to. Now that would be awesome."

"Xael hun, help me with my hair."

"Sure Grams!"  Xael loved her grandmother's hair. It was long and thick like hers but beautifully salt and peppered.  When she was a little kid, she would spend hours just brushing her grams hair.

Today she braided it in a french braid down the middle and put the adornments on that her Grams had laid out. The Elder woman dressed simply.  

{Ms

{Ms. Emma Red Wolf, all set for the pow wow}

She wanted her granddaughter to enjoy the day and most importantly, dance.  The two beautiful women headed out for a day at the powwow with pups in tow, but not before checking the roasting pans for later.  Xael had the pups in the back of the jeep and helped her Grams in, both ladies careful of their dresses.

They arrived just in time as the parking area was quickly filling up.  As soon as Xael stepped out of the jeep people were staring at her.  Her dark skin contrasted beautifully with the off white buckskin. Her adornments were blue, red, orange, yellow and white. The beaded banding her Grandmother had done were African designs.  Xael was tall and regal in her finery and she wore it proudly.